Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Veronica McSpeed Drives a Supershot 10 years 9 months ago #23546

Just over 1 year ago I picked up a very tired Supershot with the intention of robbing parts from it to build a Bigwig. In the end, I restored this and still have to complete the Bigwig. The Supershot had a very hard life, some of the pics show. The FWD shock mounts were twisted and bent. the steering was very sloppy. I probably spent as much on the parts for this and I could have brought a new re-re Supershot (seen on 03-July in Sydney for AUD$320) But it has been fun and past the time.

Mrs Hay Ewe chose the colors and painted some of the shell her self.
A mate has a vynil cutter at his shop, some time soon I shall get some decals made up.
It took a while as I needed parts, was away for work a fair bit and it was not a major project. where I live there is limited hobby stores and so I waited till I went on a trip two months ago to get the radio kit, motor and ESC.

Already I want to get some better shocks - so many to choose from, and I AM SURE I saw a kit recently on the net for a better steering system set up, damned if I can find it now!

after restoration

All the pics up till this point were posed, car placed in position. I then started driving around and that was good to fatigue stopped play. FWD RHS LWR shock mount failed. I have spare on my Bigwig but that was at home.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Hay Ewe.

Veronica McSpeed Drives a Supershot 10 years 9 months ago #23557

Too bad about that but the car looks very cool. :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.