Keyword

TOPIC:

Striker Restoration! 10 years 7 months ago #25459

Well, the first step for the restoration is the stripe of the car.
These are the bare chassis and top body. As you can see the look seems good but only seems, they are not.

With a closer look you can see the real problems of this car.

The chassis is broken in many parts in the front end. This is a classic Hornet, Grasshopper, Striker breakage on the 3th bumper screw. As you can see here has been badly repaired. I should be a bit bored that day.

Another problem under the bonnet. You can see the melting due the chemicals.
The next step will be the stripping of the paint.

Max

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Striker Restoration! 10 years 7 months ago #25465

Oh no this does need some work

looking forward to more B)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Striker Restoration! 10 years 7 months ago #25494

Ok, the chassis and body had been stripped with Dot3 oil. As you can see the top body cover is all yellowed due the chemicals in the epoxy resin. So now you can see the real condition of the part.

The under chassis had also seen better days.

That's all for today.

Max

Striker Restoration! 10 years 7 months ago #25495

HI!... MAX too bad you weren't closer to me. I could throw that in my glass beading cabinet with the fine glass bead and clean that right up for you. I do chassis and wheels all the time right before I paint them. Makes them look almost like new and makes the paint better adhere.

Striker Restoration! 10 years 7 months ago #25500

The deeper you dig, the worse it gets :blink:

I'm sure it'll come out well in the end, but at this point I really don't envy you ...

:)

Striker Restoration! 10 years 7 months ago #25527

Ehi H.P., thanks for the offer, I don't know where are you located but I'm in Italy so it will be very difficult have a meeting to try your beautiful glass bead cleaner. Nobody knows how I will need it ;) ;) ;)

Max

HI!... MAX too bad you weren't closer to me. I could throw that in my glass beading cabinet with the fine glass bead and clean that right up for you. I do chassis and wheels all the time right before I paint them. Makes them look almost like new and makes the paint better adhere.

Striker Restoration! 10 years 7 months ago #25528

Holy words! And believe me I don't envy myself... :laugh:

Max

The deeper you dig, the worse it gets :blink:

I'm sure it'll come out well in the end, but at this point I really don't envy you ...

:)

Striker Restoration! 10 years 7 months ago #25534

Ehi H.P., thanks for the offer, I don't know where are you located but I'm in Italy so it will be very difficult have a meeting to try your beautiful glass bead cleaner. Nobody knows how I will need it ;) ;) ;)

Max

HI!... Canada, so quite far away. lol

Striker Restoration! 10 years 7 months ago #25540

Wowsers this chassis has some kind of life :blink: Reviving something in that condition is where the satisfaction comes from though :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Kontemax

Striker Restoration! 10 years 7 months ago #25544

Striker is one of those wierd cars you dont like at first but then it grows on you over time i like these when finished well
The following user(s) Liked this: Kontemax

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds