Keyword

TOPIC:

The R word 9 years 8 months ago #30957

• nodtec
  • nodtec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Being new here I thought I'd better ask if I'm allowed to mention the R word?

REPRODUCTION

Are we allowed to ask for non genuine parts, decals etc?
I got a slap on the wrist for mentioning it on TC. Also got put on mod approval for not mentioning it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The R word 9 years 8 months ago #30970

I don't think we were all too strict about it here but these days probably only Lars can give a definite answer...

Last edit: by Edou.

The R word 9 years 8 months ago #30971

Being new here I thought I'd better ask if I'm allowed to mention the R word?

REPRODUCTION

Are we allowed to ask for non genuine parts, decals etc?
I got a slap on the wrist for mentioning it on TC. Also got put on mod approval for not mentioning it.

I had to look up the Rules , they were well hidden & I'm not entirely sure that's the current version TBH :whistle: ... which might tell you how often there's a problem.

However, looking at #7 & taking a strict view I'd have to say no, that's not the sort of thing you should be discussing _publicly_ :whistle:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

The R word 9 years 8 months ago #30973

• nodtec
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
so if I asked, "does anyone have a set of Hornet tyres, genuine or not". Is that concidered a no no?

As apposed to say, just asking for Hornet tyres?

I'm not into selling such stuff, just that I might want to buy said item. ;)

The R word 9 years 8 months ago #30981

Hi,
Quick clarification from me: I don't mind talk/info/etc on repro items.

I'll have to update the rules linked to by JR, and get them more accessible.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

The R word 9 years 8 months ago #30983

• nodtec
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Thanks for that. As I said, I'm not in the business of selling anything, it's just that some old stuff is either non existant or too expeb$ive. I'm all for using the original bits if possible but my pockets are so deep.

thanks for the info Mr Lars, sir, your honor. grovel grovel

Last edit: by nodtec. Reason: forgot I was talking to 'the boss'

The R word 9 years 8 months ago #30989

I imagine the TC bods are worried about the legal implications of appearing to endorse fake products that might infringe Tamiya's copyright (in other words, covering their "derrières").

Also note that there is a difference between reproduction (i.e. copies) and re-release (stuff made by the original manufacturer). The latter is fine, the former is dodgy ground.

The R word 9 years 8 months ago #31004

Why not use Reproductions or copy if we can't buy originals? The only obligation we have is to mention it when we sell copies or repro. (only in my mind)

The R word 9 years 8 months ago #31014

• nodtec
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
SR-63, I can see what you're saying makes total sense but in the real world maying sense doesn't seem to matter any more, just watch the news at night.
The problem is the people who run the forum are 'sort of' responsible for whats put on here, we don't want the likes of Tamiya's legal team putting the heavies on them, giving the greif and/or shutting them down.
My suggestion would be if some one asks if say, "does anyone have a Avante suspension arm", you should PM them and tell them what you have, be it genuine or not. Let them decide for them selves. If you want to make/sell a few non genuine parts, put them on ebay.

The R word 9 years 8 months ago #31015

You are right nodtec but if the buyer know what he buy, I don't see where is the matter. It is what I like on TB, there is no models discrimination:)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.