Keyword

TOPIC:

7.2v battery 4 years 3 weeks ago #59256

Hi thanks for letting me join because of the lockdown and time on my hands I've been up in the loft and got my vintage ford f150 ranger xlt down I've I've charged the battery all day and its dead my question is can I put a different battery in it or have I got to use 7.2v - 1200mah ni-cd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7.2v battery 4 years 3 weeks ago #59257

Assuming all the other electronics are original, you should be able to use any modern 7.2V NiMH battery with a Tamiya plug. I'm not sure what country you are in, but here is an example in the USA:
www.amainhobbie...00/p698670

You can get more capacity for more money (I've seen NiMH in this size up to 5000mAh), but some of those are slightly longer and may not fit. You don't need huge capacity on the Ranger.

No one uses Ni-Cd anymore. Be aware that the chargers for NiMH are slightly different so you won't want to use your old classic Ni-Cd charger unless it is rated for NiMH. Some can do both.

Last edit: by blakbird.

7.2v battery 4 years 3 weeks ago #59258

Hi I'm from the uk all the electronic are all original what's good that I can get any 7.2v but what does the 1200mah mean as that got to be the same

7.2v battery 4 years 3 weeks ago #59259

Ok thanks for your advice will have.a look

7.2v battery 4 years 3 weeks ago #59261

Hi I'm from the uk all the electronic are all original what's good that I can get any 7.2v but what does the 1200mah mean as that got to be the same

1200mAh is how long it last (runtime).
More mAh, it will last longer.
A 2400 will in theory last double the amount of a 1200.

Last edit: by caprinut.

7.2v battery 4 years 3 weeks ago #59264

... you should be able to use any modern 7.2V NiMH battery with a Tamiya plug. I'm not sure what country you are in, but here is an example in the USA:
www.amainhobbie...00/p698670

Unless you want to start cutting up the radio box you need a "hump" pack rather than a "stick" pack - for example this one .

:)

7.2v battery 4 years 3 weeks ago #59265

Hi thanks so the higher mah the longer I get to play that's good to know

7.2v battery 4 years 3 weeks ago #59269

Hi I've been looking for a battery on Ebay can I get the ones that look like 6 aa battery stuck together as all the other are to long

7.2v battery 4 years 3 weeks ago #59270

You need something like this: www.componentsh...-frog.html

7.2v battery 4 years 3 weeks ago #59275

Thanks will look for one of them does it have to be 7.2v

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.