Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I have an old tamiya super manta ray with an unusual chassis 3 years 3 months ago #63980

Hi guys. I have an old tamiya manta ray which i managed to get of someone who had little idea of it's worth. I wanted to get it working so I've done some research but I cannot identify what chassis it has. I need to get a battery to get it running, but the housing for it in the chassi is square. I have little expertise it this area so I'd appreciate If someone with more knowledge than me could shine some light here. Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SuperMantaRay1234. Reason: .

I have an old tamiya super manta ray with an unusual chassis 3 years 3 months ago #63981

Must be the QD version. Tamiya Quick Drive
tamiyabase.com/...dels/46013
The following user(s) Liked this: SuperMantaRay1234

Last edit: by poebe.

I have an old tamiya super manta ray with an unusual chassis 3 years 3 months ago #63982

Nope it's not.
It is the 57708 which is based on the DF01.
But if I recall right, the Super Manta Ray use it's own tub on these.

tamiyabase.com/...dels/57708

Some more pictures here: www.rcscrapyard...-57708.htm

Last edit: by caprinut.

I have an old tamiya super manta ray with an unusual chassis 3 years 3 months ago #63987

Thankyou so much appreciate this a lot... now I can hopefully get it running again

I have an old tamiya super manta ray with an unusual chassis 3 years 3 months ago #63988

My car has a ket 3p connection, but on of the slots is a blank. Battery wise , I presume I need a 7.2v battery, but I cant seem to find what size I need. Is there a specific model or type I could search for?

Last edit: by SuperMantaRay1234.

I have an old tamiya super manta ray with an unusual chassis 3 years 3 months ago #63989

A standard nimh 7,2v should be ok.

I have an old tamiya super manta ray with an unusual chassis 3 years 3 months ago #63993

A standard nimh 7,2v should be ok.

Really? It's not some multiple of AA sized cells? The space looks like it would take a rechargeable side by side flat pack, 6xAA would be a nominal 7.2v...

@ SuperMantaRay1234 - I don't see a battery door in the photos?

:)

I have an old tamiya super manta ray with an unusual chassis 3 years 3 months ago #63994

It didn't actually come with a battery door. You wouldn't believe I got it for 50p from a charity shop

I have an old tamiya super manta ray with an unusual chassis 3 years 3 months ago #63995

I think that Sander should answer better than me. But it's not a quick drive. The xb serie use classic sticks. But the smr has a specific bathtube.

I have an old tamiya super manta ray with an unusual chassis 3 years 3 months ago #64019

That's not a Tamiya chassis, the XB and QD are totally different, the pictures ain't that great but to me it looks like a Chinese clone of the super Manta ray. 
also spotted a green MHz sticker under the powerplug.
The following user(s) Liked this: SuperMantaRay1234

Last edit: by waterbok.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.