Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wild Dagger requirements to upgrade dual motor system properly 2 months 4 weeks ago #77656

Working on finishing up my Wild Dagger chassis last night and I was thinking about upgrading the motors.

This led me to think about which motor I could put into it and started to wonder since one of them must run backwards and they must be matched it may not be as easy as I first thought.

Anyone out there have any advice on which motors might work best given that one of them has to operate in reverse? I'm thinking that the timing has to be matched in reverse for each motor......

Found some info to back this up, might go with the Tamiya BZ 23T motors, seems to be a popular choice since they appear to be fixed at 0 degerees timing
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wild Dagger requirements to upgrade dual motor system properly 2 months 3 weeks ago #77668

The Super Stock BZ has fixed timing, but I'm not sure it is fixed at zero.  You'd have to run one backwards and see if it sounds different to be sure.  I like the Yeah Racing Hackmoto motors.  They have 0 degrees timing, are inexpensive, and are available down to 13T.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Wild Dagger requirements to upgrade dual motor system properly 2 months 2 weeks ago #77755

I ended up getting a couple of those Yeah Racing motors at 23T for my upcoming Clod build and went with a couple of Reedy Radon 19T motors for the Dagger set at 0 degrees timting.

Pics to follow... Thanks for the help...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Wild Dagger requirements to upgrade dual motor system properly 2 months 2 weeks ago #77765

Here's a couple of pics of the Dagger with the upgraded suspension, 100 mm shocks and the two new Reedy Motors.
No paint until New Hampshire warms up a bit!😉👍
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Wild Dagger requirements to upgrade dual motor system properly 2 months 2 weeks ago #77766

Sweeeeet! Reedy motors are a good upgrad.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Wild Dagger requirements to upgrade dual motor system properly 2 months 2 weeks ago #77772

I had a couple of Reedy's for the Super Hornet.....  Can't remember why I have two, must have burnt one out.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Wild Dagger requirements to upgrade dual motor system properly 2 months 1 week ago #77781

I recall an old thread that discussed the best dual motor options but I can't find it unfortunately. I don't remember if the CR Tuned has zero timing.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.