Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58014 Martini Mk22 Renault F2 4 weeks 17 hours ago #78099

• Al
  • Al's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven

I seem to have acquired a few of the early F1 and now an F2 cars recently.
Back in my youth I bought a Ferrari 312 T3 off one of my brothers school friends. I don’t know who it ended up with when I sold it on, but I distinctly remember my mum making it clear that having multiple RC cars was not going to happen in her house.
Now it’s my house and I can have as many RC cars as I can hide from my wife.
😂😂

So after acquiring an original Ferrari ( 58011) last year, then buying a Ligier body set and enough bits to make a chassis for it. Oh ! and not forgetting I bought a complete Tyrell ( 58003 ).

So now I have most of a Martini Mk22 Renault.
I spotted this on eBay and it seemed pretty complete. The buyers pictures gave me a good idea of what I was getting and also what was missing.

And so today I stripped it down. Rusty would be an overriding comment. So a bit of WD40 and the screws started giving way. 

Front bumper intact, that’s a great start right there. The construction is very simple and it’s interesting how Tamiya used to re-use parts. The MSC used on this model reappeared a few years later in the Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover.

The gear box is interesting in that it’s solid plastic as all other models seem to use metal at this point.
It’s interesting to see F1 labelled in the gear box. I wonder if they had other plans.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Al.

58014 Martini Mk22 Renault F2 4 weeks 14 hours ago #78100

Say me if you found side mirrors I need a set for the matra and another for the ralt. 
The f2 should be cheaper than the f1. It's why they have a lot of plastic. In the same way as the blazing blazer for the 3 speed.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

58014 Martini Mk22 Renault F2 3 weeks 4 days ago #78122

if you get stuck for wing mirrors, and you have access to a 3D printer, there is a set of early F1 mirrors on Thingiverse, a bit generic but will fit

www.thingiverse...8/comments

good luck with the restore!

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

58014 Martini Mk22 Renault F2 3 weeks 4 days ago #78124

• Al
  • Al's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven
Thanks Yogi. I don’t have a 3D printer, but I have got a couple of F1 body sets, so I think I’ll have a go at moulding some copies.
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.