Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 2 months ago #7785

Oh yeah, be careful if you take the switch to bits, it's all spring loaded in there....
Bought some M3 flange nuts recently, bag of 100, sure they weren't more than about 3 quid, might've been RS?
Are there really 342 fasteners?! I sorta counted in my head & got to about 50?!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 2 months ago #7794

Hmmm i might have a spare switch laying around. Got a spare msc for the Clod i think.
Shall look into it tomorrow.

Cheers, Bram

Thanks for the offer, Bram :)

Looks like Louis has rendered your search unneccessary though :y:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 2 months ago #7795

I think I have a spare MSC, resistor, and Power/economy switch. I'll zap it in the packet, and ship it tomorrow. Sorry about the delay, been hectic at work lately.

Thanks for the rescue Louis :)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 2 months ago #7796

Oh yeah, be careful if you take the switch to bits, it's all spring loaded in there....
Bought some M3 flange nuts recently, bag of 100, sure they weren't more than about 3 quid, might've been RS?
Are there really 342 fasteners?! I sorta counted in my head & got to about 50?!

According to the manual, yes - I can't see where they all go myself :unsure:

I checked RS for M3 flange nuts, they didn't have any :( M3 full nuts though, getting on for

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 2 months ago #7812

Had a chance to play with my new toy - an ultrasonic cleaner - this afternoon...

I roughly divived the bits by metal & by finish (metallurgy by eye isn't the greatest of ideas, but Tamiya use a limited range of materials/grades/finishes, so if it looks the same, it probably is) ...

Cadmium passivated mild steel "before"....

... and "after":

Brass bits showed the greatest improvement:

I didn't do the bearings btw, and I don't seem to have any photos of the springs, but they are shinier & some of the rust on the inside seems to have been buzzed off, at least if the state of the water before & after was anything to go by ...

Bear in mind the bits came off the Bullhead fairly clean, had been wiped over & then soaked in Isopropanol - that's still a fair bit of crud come off in the water ...

... and left in the bottom of the tank :sick:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 2 months ago #7814

That looks like the model i was looking at in Maplins before christmas when i was considering one. Do you rate it as a worthy buy?

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 2 months ago #7816

That looks like the model i was looking at in Maplins before christmas when i was considering one. Do you rate it as a worthy buy?

Seemed to do the trick :y:

I think you can do better than Maplin's price though - they have it at 44.99 GBP, I got mine on ebay for 38.49 GBP, posted, with a 500ml bottle of "Sea Clean" :)
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 2 months ago #7817

That will go on my list of things to buy (or rather gifts for me for other people to buy lol)

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 2 months ago #7838

Might've been KL nuts & bolts the M3 flange nuts came from then, can't actually remember, but the ones I've got are plated carbon steel not stainless.
Yeah got sleep issues at the mo - didn't wake up til 8pm then it was about 5am before I was back in bed...
Had a search through the instructions & can't find anywhere where it says I can clean nuts & bolts in MY breadmaker.... Seriously though, I suspect I'd find one of those hingmies quite useful!

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 2 months ago #7853

Strangely enough I've been thinking lately this would be a great resto tool...
Only lack of budget prevented me from getting one.
Wonder how it would work on a bashed and dirty chassis.
For the screws I still have WD-40 although cleaning screws with that takes patience.

I can relate to the sleep issues btw... :dry:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.