Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FUTABA FX10 1987 (NIB) 12 years 2 months ago #7519

HI!... I know it's not 100% Tamiya but it's pretty dam close. You can tell Tamiya had their hand in this one for FUTABA. LOL! Anyway got this one off Ebay as well. I was the only bidder and got it cheap. It's NIB. It will be built and going box art on it. It will be another shelf queen to join my collection.

The decal sheet and the instruction manual are in mint NEW condition. I'll scam them both if anyone is interested.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: FUTABA FX10 1987 (NIB) 12 years 2 months ago #7521

Nice!

I'll definately look forward to see the scan of the manual.....

Tom

Re: FUTABA FX10 1987 (NIB) 12 years 2 months ago #8228

HI!... Well this weekend I decided to build the FUTABA FX10. Went together pretty well. I still have to paint the body and driver. It currently doesn't have any servo's installed. I ran out. I just ordered 10 cheap FUTABA one's off ebay due to I have a few cars that need them to finish them off.Anyway here's few pics of her so far.

Re: FUTABA FX10 1987 (NIB) 12 years 3 weeks ago #8970

HI!... Well I got the body all painted and electronics installed. The Futaba FX-10 is now complete. :cheer:

Re: FUTABA FX10 1987 (NIB) 12 years 3 weeks ago #9011

HP, I enjoy seeing your cars, but I do think there are a couple of areas you could be doing better in. Please bear in mind that this is meant as constructive criticism - I'm _not_ saying "your cars are badword" :D

Firstly, and I suppose this is my personal preference, I'm far more interested in seeing the intervening steps than "before" & "after" photos, especially for cars that I'll probably never get to buld myself. I'd like to see photos of the build process, whether it's at the end of every step in the manual, at the end of every page, or just some interesting details/components. Your photos, while generally very good, kind of leave me cold.

Secondly, driver painting. This is not a criticism of your dexerity, beacuse I'm pretty cack-handed myself,but I do think I you spent more time on it (and possibly bought some matt paints?) - the results would be a step up, you're obviously not afraid of having a go at the details ...

For instance, the "suit" of the FX-10 driver here looks like you just put one coat of gloss yellow on, the face looks very shiny & thin too.

There are some articles on driver painting about - there is a particularly good one on painting the Wild Willy on TC ... the problem with that is it needs the ability to paint with micron accuracy :whistle: ... my basic technique (to which I should have added priming, even if it's only with a couple of coats of matt white) is here .

Finally, decals - if you apply them wet, you wouldn't have so many problems with wrinkles & trapped air - which are really noticable on the wing here. Positioning is so much easy too. You might like to have a look here (on TC) & also MadMax00's "Apply" Juice recipe.

:)

Re: FUTABA FX10 1987 (NIB) 12 years 3 weeks ago #9013

HI!... Well I like the gloss look of the drivers. Makes them stand out more IMO. As for the rear wing sticker. It looks that way due to when I removed it from the sticker sheet it static clinged to itself. I had to carefully peel it apart to save it. It kinda stretched and deformed.

There's a lot of stuff I see done to RC vehicles on here and other sites that I don't like or don't agree with, but it's not mine. These vehicles give the builder a chance to express themselves through them. lol!

Re: FUTABA FX10 1987 (NIB) 12 years 3 weeks ago #9014

It might not be a Tamiya but its still a great little buggy and not one i have seen before so also interesting. I enjoyed looking at the before and after shots thanks for sharing them they are cool B)

FUTABA FX10 1987 (NIB) 3 years 5 months ago #63016

Hi, I have the Fx-10 and I’m looking for one rear axle. If you have one or know someone that could be have it, please let me know. I attached a picture. Thanks in advance!!
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.