Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Traxxas E-REVO #2 11 years 4 months ago #16534

HI!... Well I'm kinda between projects right now so I started to work on a Traxxas E-REVO that I picked up off a buddy a few years ago. This will be a runner/basher. I have another E-REVO that I use only for top speed runs, so this one will be a play one.

This is what it looked like when I got it :

As you can see it was beat on pretty good. Looks like my buddy tried to paint the chassis black and then tried to scratch it off later..... :whistle:

A few years ago I got a NIP E-REVO chassis off E-bay for like $15. So I decided to put it to good use.

Well the 1st thing I did was rip into the center diff. Everything was in great condition. I replaced all the bearings with new ones.

Then I rebuilt the rear diff. It was also in good shape, but I had a NIP Traxxas spool so I decided to put it in, along with some spare NIP Ceramic ball bearings.

The stock axles/driveshafts were all worn out and I hate the dam things anyway. Broke like 50 of them on my other E-REVO. So I had a NIP set of steel axles and driveshafts. So they went in.

Then I rebuilt the front diff. It was in great shape. All I did was put in 7000WT diff lube to lock it up a bit tighter. It also got all new ball bearings.

I had some really good shape truggy tires/wheels laying around, so I through those on for now. I'm going to borrow the MMM from my Caster Fusion EX-1.5R Pro and run it in this. Still got to do the swap. I also need to get one single shock push rod due to I apparently lost one somewhere. lol! I also threw on a new rear wing I had kicking around.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Traxxas E-REVO #2 11 years 4 months ago #16555

HI!... Well I got my MMM and ESC out of my Caster, ready to go in the E-REVO. I can't seem to find the aluminum motor mount. So I'll have to go to the LHS tomorrow and pick one up. While I'm there I might as well pick up a shock tie rod too. Can't seem to find the forth one. I'm also going to have to go get two Traxxas steering servo's as well. After all that's done, she'll be ready to run. :woohoo:

Re: Traxxas E-REVO #2 11 years 4 months ago #16677

HI!... Well my LHS didn't have any aluminum motor mounts in stock so I ordered two off Ebay. Then of coarse two days later I find the one I thought I had. :angry: So the MMM is in and she's up and running. I was trying to set up the transmitter in my basement. So I hit the throttle with a short burst and I heard "SNAP"! I check and it already broke the left rear axle ball cup pin. badword? So I pull it apart and swapped it out with a hardened roll pin. Put it back on the floor and bleep the throttle, and again I hear "SNAP"! This time the right rear pin snaps. So now I tear the remaining 3 axles out and replace all the pins with roll pins. So much for steel axles being stronger than the plastic ones. :whistle: I think the whole problem was the manufacturer of these particular axles like to slot the pin for the grub screw. By doing this though they cut the thickness of the pin in 1/2. Stupid!

So I got all that mess figured out and took the digital servo out of my Caster Fusion and put it in the E-REVO. Then I put some new stickers on her and she's now ready to go. I almost don't want to get it dirty. lol!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.