Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mardave Apache Gearbox - Stripped Spur Gear 10 years 11 months ago #21486

Hi all

I'm new to this forum - but in my frustration to find old Mardave Apache parts - I'm throwing this up here to see if anyone can help please?

So basically my brother restored my old Apache to great working order as a surprise b'day present....but in my eagerness to send it flying round the garden, I've stripped the old plastic spur gear and it now sounds TERRIBLE.

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement spur gear (the big one with the smaller gear attached to the side).

I'm based in the UK, but happy to pay slightly more for shipment.

Thank you to anyone who can advise - I've seen a few people restoring these great old cars - so keep up the great work!!

Thank you - Barney

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mardave Apache Gearbox - Stripped Spur Gear 10 years 11 months ago #21496

Hi chap, welcome on board :)

No idea about the Apache gear, but I'd guess the pitch is 32dp. If you post a pic & count the number of teeth that would be a start, there's an outside chance later Mardaves (Meteor or Cobra) could be the same...

Mardave Apache Gearbox - Stripped Spur Gear 10 years 11 months ago #21499

Ebay's probably your best bet they seem to appear regularly in one form or another just have to keep monitoring it

Oh and welcome onboard :laugh: :)
Some pics of that apache would be nice B)

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Mardave Apache Gearbox - Stripped Spur Gear 10 years 11 months ago #21506

Hi guys

Thanks for getting back to me - I really appreciate your comments.

In terms of the number of teeth - the spur gear has 40 on the outer cog and (should have!) 12 on the smaller cog.

I measured it and the outer cog has a 32mm diameter and the smaller cog has a 14mm diameter.

Hopefully that helps narrow down some of the field?

Have just taken some photos and will try to post them in a minute.

Thanks again!

Mardave Apache Gearbox - Stripped Spur Gear 10 years 11 months ago #21508

Pics attached

Mardave Apache Gearbox - Stripped Spur Gear 10 years 11 months ago #21516

Hello and welcome!
I've just got an Apache too!
Unfortunately the Cobra gears are very different (unfortunate because Mardave has started remanufacturing them). The Meteor gear is similar, but the larger cog is not big enough I think:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.