Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 4 months ago #69499

It seems I got aspired in the Marui blackhole from internet :-)
As mentioned in the postman thread, I actually have another Samurai waiting for me at my parent's place  ... The Samurai on this picture have a broken chassis, and got proposed to me by a friend who knows I like the Samurai the day I received a 3D Printed chassis (I was the only one to bid on ebay at the starting price cheaper than Shapeways price) from Dadio designs (it was Dadio himself who put it on ebay)...

The 3D printed chassis was a really good occasion at that price, and I have the intention of having a strong Marui Samurai as a runner, but that means replacing lot of parts by stronger parts (3D printed Nylon or Nylon Glass filled): there will be heavy modelling work in any case (although some have already done this work and I could eventually rely on parts available on Shapeway, but there should be a way to do cheaper).
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 4 months ago #69504

Yeahhh un sam👏👏👏👏my favourite marui after the coors

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 4 months ago #69505

Thanks!

For the small story when discussing the Samurai deal with my friend, he showed me his Hunter: The rear of the chassis is perfect, but the front end is highly damaged. The funny thing is that I was having in my broken Hunter chassis one that have a nice front end and a rear end completely broken. I showed him a picture with a comment "Does this help?'. He thinks he should be able to cut the two chassis and reassemble the good part. I gave him my broken chassis (I would not have done anything with it anyway), and if this helps to resurrect a Hunter, I'm all for it...
Hope to see the his FrankenHunter at some point :)
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, Al, jord001, Ducksnuts

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 4 months ago #69506

Very hard to stick very well, but the end will be awesome.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 2 months ago #70499

Wow, it's long time I've not posted in this thread... Still no way to get bodies for the Hunter(s).

Few days ago, a friend who gave me the Galaxy RS blue roll cage that came with the Samurai hinted me a link on ebay. The price was kind of ok, but I was not decided. I added the stuff in my follow list.

On the next day, I received an offer for what I was ready to pay for it and passed the order. The box arrived today.

The box itself is a case, with a handle and some stuff to close it. And inside, there is a car, with its radio.

Under the body shell  (which may be a Parma body), there is a familiar chassis, with broken shock towers.

The roll cage is absent, and the chassis broken. Beside this it's complete, and even the tires are in pretty good shape, with no cracks.

I will combine this with the remaining black chassis and the roll cage, and it will be another complete Galaxy RS. The chassis itself will be repurposed as a Hunter chassis with Optimaforever's gearcover.
Beside the shock towers, it is in pretty good shape, the transmission works flawlessly, and there is not much marks of usage under the chassis and the under gear cover... That looks promising.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 2 months ago #70500

Further inspection of the box shows some interesting details...

There is a receipt in the box: this Galaxy and the radio were bought as a kit on December  2nd 1987 in Rouen (FR) at the Mini-Train shop.

The box itself has been cut specifically for the car.

I found all those elements quite interesting bits of the car history...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 1 month ago #70799

The other day, I was having a look at ebay, and saw a Hunter which looked to have a V1 chassis. My finger ripped and I clicked buy. It arrived today...

It doesn't have its radio, but it is the same receiver as my brother's one, and just the crystal is different. The tires are in pretty surprising shape and well conserved.It deesn't have its original roll bar, the rear bumper is broken, the rear triangle are mounted upside down, but the shock towers are intact...

And as it is a V1, the gear cover is marked with "Hunter" and the shock towers are rounded... My original Hunter was exactly like this one. The front suspension lower arms are without the galaxy shock attachement (again as it is a V1). It would not have been a V1, I would have not clicked buy... There is some work to do on it, but beside the rear bumper attachement broken, it will be a very nice Hunter at the end...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 1 month ago #70802

💪💪💪👏👏👏

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 1 week ago #71162

As I decided to delay the Samurai first build for a few days, I have some time to finish something... I decided to deal with the two Galaxy. I cut the wings, and drill the driver figures (they are repro in resin).
Next was to take care of the wings paintjob. Thanks Yogi-bear, I had the Galaxy in png, so I could do masks exactly like needed.
Next step was the paintjob. I started by the wing for the red Galaxy : blue (PS-4), then bright silver (PS-41). I then worked out the wing for the Galaxy RS : Red (PS-2) and White (PS-1). I completely forgot that the PS-2 tend to react with the masks I use, and it seems my tape react as well, as a bit of overspray happened while I was spraying the red. 

I still have another wing uncut for my son's Galaxy RS... Remains the driver to paint. I'm going to do them by batch. A lot of Marui drivers are on my work table right now, and there is still some to be added on the table.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 1 week ago #71163

Not so bad. They will be very nice. Boxart pilots or perso deco?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.