Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 11 months 3 weeks ago #75224

They came up great! A shame I got the sizing wrong, will have to resize and print some more.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 11 months 3 weeks ago #75228

Leds are working fine and this detail makes a lot for me in terms of realism...

But there was a missing detail... I spent a bit of time to try to get it right yesterday evenning

This car will be nice...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, EddyCH

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 10 months 2 weeks ago #75556

Last week-end the Marui Hunter run, and my daughter was there with her phone...

She took the first lap, unfortunately... I ran it faster during the following laps... At least there is a video of it...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts, mirrorman, EddyCH

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 9 months 1 week ago #75860

After the Super Wheelie yesterday, today it is the Hunter who gain the new transmission with a metal idle gear...

Same adjustment than for the Super Wheelie, it seems that this is on the right path... And should be the same on the Big Bear (which is basically the same as the Super Wheelie diff and gearbox wise).

I did a quick run, there is no more cracking sound, and I can open full throttle with no fear. For the small story, the nylon idle gear was still in good state with some superficial wear for the smaller part of the gear... This is also good indication as the part of the gear in contact with the motor was not worn at all...

So I'm now happy as I have a Hunter and a Super Wheelie able to run powerfull motors :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, yogi-bear, stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 8 months 1 week ago #76130

The ball bearings were a bit loose (8.3mm for a target of 8.05 mm) on the first printed SLM version. The designed was updated to 8.2mm. And while at it, I also included some holes to try reduce as much as possible the weight of this thing...

I mounted it this morning, and it was a bit more complex than expected :
On the small side, the fit is still a bit loose, but nothing to what it was before (before it was required to put a paper around the ball bearing), and when I say loose, it is actually fitting... 
On the bigger side, although the same measurement is on the design, it is tight. I had to improvise a press to get the ball bearing in...

And since I increased a bit the clearance on the smaller gear, it is now perfect for runs...

I have now a very proper transmission for my Hunters and Galaxy, and this lighter version will get uploaded to replace the V2 i made to cope with the minor improvement required...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 7 months 4 weeks ago #76380

My first attempts to print Hunter tires were unsuccessful. The resin looked nice at the end, but I never succeed to print a second rear tire, and the front looks to fragile to survive a run...

While I had still some resin in the VAT of my printer following success with the Super Wheelie tires, I printed a rear and a front at the same time for the Hunter... And it worked like a charm...

Soon my Hunter will run on printed tires as well...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 7 months 3 weeks ago #76495

And here is the Hunter with the new set of wheels...

I'm quite sure one looking in the details would say the rear side of the tires are not good, but this is to run the car, and I know from what I did with the Samurai and the Ninja it will work...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 7 months 3 weeks ago #76503

They look like molded rubber congrats. 

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 3 months 2 weeks ago #77518

There is no secret I love the Marui Hunter. Few months ago, I scored a cheap Hunter body in very nice state. Yesterday, I got it in hands as a friend leaving near by the seller got it for me...

And somehow this acts as a trigger, as I intend to do the Hunter/Galaxy family in CAD, with the firm intention to work out the prototype model as well... Watch this space :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 3 months 2 weeks ago #77522

I have few Hunter awaiting rebuild, I pulled a chassis  and few parts to start this activity...
When puting a car in CAD, each chassis has its own characteritics. Here the chassis include the gearbox definition, and it is quite long.
I decided to work part by part and I tackle the center first.

Next i focused at the rear, with the idea that the idle shaft position will define the differential position, which is by design on the bottom plan of the gearbox. And the main difficulty is that the chassis has a lot of angles here and there, very small but highly impacting when you are trying to measure them... And again the chassis is not symmetrical.
This is where I am currently. The shock towers will be taken during next session, before taking care of the front end for which the complexity is high, because of the angles.

In short it is a lot of fun...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.