Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kyosho 3169 Lancia Delta Integrale 1/10 Electric // Rims touch uprights... 2 years 10 months ago #67309

Fellow TamiyaBase members,
I am currently restoring a vintage Kyosho Lancia from the Scale Car Series. I cant slide the front wheels fully on the axle. They touch the uprights before they are fully installed. Do I have the wrong rims? From the inner edge of the rim it's roughly 20mm to the bearing...
I would be grateful for any advice or insights. 

Thanks so much
MetalMaxx 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kyosho 3169 Lancia Delta Integrale 1/10 Electric // Rims touch uprights... 2 years 10 months ago #67312

They looks like zr1 rims. Try zr1 uprights

Kyosho 3169 Lancia Delta Integrale 1/10 Electric // Rims touch uprights... 2 years 10 months ago #67314

It maybe the right rims, but there might be something missing: the rim is quite open and allow visibility behind, maybe there is a fake brake disc supposed to be inserted behind the wheel... And in anycase, that would be the way I would think to solve this with a detail build with 3D printing...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Kyosho 3169 Lancia Delta Integrale 1/10 Electric // Rims touch uprights... 2 years 10 months ago #67315

That is a very good input. Thanks so much. I will check it. My brother has a ZR-1, I'll compare rims and uprights.
Cheers!

Kyosho 3169 Lancia Delta Integrale 1/10 Electric // Rims touch uprights... 2 years 9 months ago #67385

I found the solution / mistake ! 
The axles look symmetric, but in fact, they aren't. 1,5mm difference (in picture x not equal y). I put them in the other way round and it fits (...it's tight, but it fits...).

So thanks anyway for your suggestions. And by the way, I checked they were unfortunately (or fortunately) not ZR-1 rims.

Cheers to everyone,
MetalMaxx
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.