Keyword

TOPIC:

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 weeks ago #71156

Had a very nice discussion today with an Australian about the Nichimo Spirit FF and it's awesome aggressive fantastic box art look... And the car being among the the ugliest when you see it in person :lol: ... I decided following his suggestion to do the original roof in my CAD work...

I may tell more about this Australian guy later on when time will come :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 weeks ago #71157

It looks more abd more to a hotshot... 

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 4 days ago #71277

I got a lot of feedbacks and some unexpected help thanks to this Nichimo Spirit FF project. I had some hesitation to publish the parts, but some recent turn of events convinced me this is the right thing to do. The parts are now on Thingiverse (only plastic parts and not clustered).
www.thingiverse...ng:5373562
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 day ago #71322

Received Sunday a set of Stickers for the Nichimo... Maybe this time I may do a box art (usually, I don't do that, but since the internal are not originals, it may be worth to do it this way     ).

Beside this, I unlocked an achievement this week-end : I received my first tip as designer on Thingiverse... And that was a good amount (probably more than what it takes in coffee to feed me while working on a project like the Spirit FF).   . I was shocked when I saw the paypal notification   

And I finally decided to do box art, but based on bright sliver rather (PS-41) rather than white (PS-1). I did the paint (simple this time) yesterday. And I can tell the bright silver was a good idea, as while backing the bright sliver with the white, I finished the PS-1 can (the last I have at home). I may need to raid my hobby shop soon to get supply...

The plan is a big reveal at a vintage event early June in Belley. The event duration is 2 days, and there might be some opportunity of night runs. I did not clean the fake spot lights, and will replace them by led enabled spot lights. I did create a specific led holder yesterday before going to bed, it is supposed to be the last part for this car (ok, maybe it won't be the last one, I don't know )
And I printed it this morning, just before going to the office...
Next steps:
- stickers (not my favorite stuff)
- spot lights, led holder and leds installation
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 day ago #71326

I solved the Samurai shocks o-ring issue with some the 3mm red o-rings I raided in my son's Super(hot)Shot quicker than I thought, so there was plenty of time left to do something else...

Had a driver body and head sitting on my desk for a while. it was initially intended as a potential backup plan for the Hunter, and it was already painted. He was looking at me hopeful I would find him a car since months  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ... I think I painted it in May or June last year. I thought it was time to give him a wheel :)

Took my dremel to adapt his body to the upper chassis, and he now found a seat :-)

I procrastinated for the stickers and leds... I may need some time to enter the mood to deal with those...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 23 hours ago #71328

It is already ready to run same without body.

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 4 hours ago #71330

After my workday, I put the stickers on the wing, the roof and the body shell....

I still need to take care of the leds and maybe I should change the battery connector (all my batteries are with XT60 connectors)...
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, Ducksnuts

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 47 minutes ago #71332

Fantastic Marc
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 1 year 11 months ago #71333

Well done, it looks great.

Following this build I'm tempted to get back into drafting.... (minus dealing with neurotic Project Managers).
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 1 year 11 months ago #71348

As usual, LEDs connection takes time... But it's done. I did plan to change the battery connector, but the parcel with additional XT60 connector did not arrived as per plan. That will be for later.

Beside this, I may need to print some suspension cups in PLA: I have doubts on the Nylon printed SLS ones (Nylon maybe too flexible for this)...
The following user(s) Liked this: Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.