Keyword

TOPIC:

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 weeks ago #74915

With the DST changes last week, the days are getting slightly longer, and the weather starts to be good enough to consider paintjobs. I had a lot of those to tackle, and that start by the Ninja...

I'm really happy how this turns, as I had a small doubt when choosing the Dark Gun Metal for the bodyshell... Simple but classy, and as good as the original black, IMHO...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 weeks ago #74917

I'm fan of it

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 weeks ago #74929

Had to add the driver figure, otherwise it would be missing, and a car running without a driver is not an option in my case...

I painted it last night, and added the finishing touch this morning... And it joined the car when ready :-)

And I took few pictures with the Samurai as well...

I still need to add a RX and an ESC to the Ninja and it will be ready for runs in vintage events in May...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, EddyCH

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 weeks ago #74930

I'm team sam. 

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 1 week ago #75076

Until now, the Ninja was not in situation to run... It was missing electronics...

A Tamiya black Sport Tuned and an ESC arrived today...

Time to scan one motor isolator, to do something in Silhouette Studio and to plot it in a cardboard made from an Amazon enveloppe...

And here we have a part which is too often missing in the cars I got used...

RX, Motor and ESC quickly joined the Ninja with one of the part cut in the afternoon... I tried to keep the ESC in the overal theme of the car, just because...

I did a short run on the pathway, just to set the trims and to check if the car was running fine... Another car ready for the vintage events of this year...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 1 week ago #75079

Dude!

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 day 3 hours ago #78207

I think I totally forgot to mention here that I got lucky to find a Shogun with its box in much better state than the first one  a few months ago...

The bodyshell is in good state, but it certainly needs a new paintjob: the paint is leaving by flakes here and there, so there is a chance I can save it...
In the meantime, the chassis will go in its current state under a TBG body that I paint today...

I first cleaned, masked the windows and used some tape to mask the silver part...

Then I applied black, then silver. I'm not happy with the bonnet, I should have looked at it better when cutting the masks...

I then applied MCI-racing stickers and more or less found a way to hide my mistakes...

And while I did this, I lauched a single and long print of a Ninja/Shogun/Coors chassis. The print is in PETG, and I did use PLA as interface layer, but I could even have done it more effcient with a 100% interface. Here the interface is partial so the result is not perfect. The geometry of this chassis is particularly adapted to do this...

I still have few test to do, but it looks good...

I will have to take care of a Thunderbird Coors as well, and the paint is going to be a nightmare...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 day 2 hours ago #78208

The coors is complexe but easy for you. And you have the capacity to cut masks and sticker linings. The hardest is to find the good gold paint. Like molotov chrome but in gold. I did mine, so you could easily do yours.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 day 53 minutes ago #78210

I have a love/hate relationship with body paint, and it is months that I'm procrastinating on the Coors bodyshells... All the more so as I need to do 2 bodies at least, if not 3 (there is a onroad shelf target, an offroad shelf target, and an undefined runer)...

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 56 minutes ago #78213

Ito took the whole afternoon...

I set everything in the table so I have reference points...

I first used the copier to laid some key stickers on the side to understand where to put the lines. The other body on the table is an original one, and it is slightly bigger, so better to have a proper reference... I used this to set my lines masks...

Once the whole set of masks was ready it was time to start.
Red, first, then white, then silver then white to back it, then gold and white to back it, and finally black...

And it was time to remove the film...

Then another task : cut the stickers...

I started to put the main ones for which there was clear inidcations on the manual...

Once that was done, I had to ftech the box to get the sponsors right... And noticed that the boxart is unclear : there is difference between the main part of the box and the sides of the box. I finally used mostly the side, as it was clearer...

There is still a few details to deal withn but this will be done later on... It took me a bit more than 6 hours... And I still have at least another one if not 2 Coors bodies to deal with (but this will be later)... At least I should be able to pull soon a picture with the 13 Marui cars...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.