Keyword

TOPIC:

Another Nichimo project... or maybe two, actually :) 1 year 2 months ago #74101

I generally love the box art technical diagrams and pics... Having a CAD model of a full car allows to play a bit with what you can show...

2WD transmission focus

4WD transmission focus

Limited Slip Differential focus. Those who have read my 443WDS thread may have already seen this... But I tried to make it different, so it is easier to see the round-squared bevel gears...

And finally a picture with all my virtual Nichimos...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another Nichimo project... or maybe two, actually :) 1 year 2 months ago #74104

I like the limites sleep diff. And it's a strange resistor plate on the msc. 

Another Nichimo project... or maybe two, actually :) 1 year 1 month ago #74618

Last night, I took a time lapse...

And this morning, I had a few parts to test...

Let's start by the chassis...

Seems it's a match :-). Holes are in correspondance. Dims are right, and it's a profile match...

Then gearboxes... I want to make sure that key holes are in correspondance with the chassis, and that the inside of the gearbox is matching the original one. There might be things not matching on the profile, but that won't be an issue as not impacting with what is around.

Rear gearbox first...

Key holes are rightly positioned. The front top is not lined up but it doesn't impact anything. The full gearbox is currently dropin, but it can not work with the original other side. I may try to get the profil right, but It maybe a lot of rework, as there is no easy way to get the profile being done... The cap is right, and that was important to make sure about the transmission.

Front gearbox then...

Same situation are the rear gearbox. Every key holes are rightly positioned to ensure the chassis geometry. And the full gearbox is drop in with chassis...

I'm asking myself if I should try to match up exactly the original parts. It works as drop in assembly, but not as drop in part...
The 2WD front cell being based on the same measurement, it should be the same. Not even sure it is worth to test.

I'll have to think about this before making a decision...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Another Nichimo project... or maybe two, actually :) 1 year 2 weeks ago #75007

And I just published the files on Printables and Thingiverse... Cults3D will follow soon...
www.printables....osmoshoote

I still need to test the differential parts, this may require a packaging similar as the one I did for the Marui 2WD, so it's on hold for the time being... I'm yet to decide what to do with it...
The following user(s) Liked this: EddyCH

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.