Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kyosho 30615 - Tomahawk 3 months 3 weeks ago #77437

The replacement part arrived yesterday, and in the parcel, there was a nice attention from Kyosho...

Yeah, it's 60th anniversary collector candies :-)

About this, there is a page on Kyosho website...
rc.kyosho.com/e...ro-ame2023

I really love how serious they are about fun :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kyosho 30615 - Tomahawk 3 months 3 weeks ago #77438

While checking what I needed in parts for my daughter's super wheelie, I found some leds whcih were not in the box under a pile of box behind a pile of box under a desk behind some stuff... This mean I can at least organize the bodyshell setup which will anyway require a connector somewhere between body shell and the chassis...

I put all accessories in place also...

Another view

I could have chosen the other setup for the search lights, but at least with this one, the search lights would not fly away at first roll over... Only remain to wait for next day with sun or at least no rain and I'll do the paintjob of the bodyshell N°1...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Kyosho 30615 - Tomahawk 3 months 3 weeks ago #77440

Nice build log 😁 Did I miss you mentioning what the issue with the rear suspension plate was? 
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Kyosho 30615 - Tomahawk 3 months 3 weeks ago #77442

Nice build log 😁 Did I miss you mentioning what the issue with the rear suspension plate was? 

It maybe a combination of your diagonal reading and an inversion of two posts in the build log, but it is clearly mentioned. One of the holes to support the roll bar did not have the chamfer... so countersiunk screw could not be used...

Kyosho 30615 - Tomahawk 3 months 3 weeks ago #77444

😄 Yup.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Kyosho 30615 - Tomahawk 2 weeks 2 days ago #78163

I've been procrastinating a lot on this. Paintjob requires two things : paint, and good weather. Today was the day :-)

I have two bodyshells. I only took care of one of them today. The second will be more complex in terms of design, and would not rely on most of the stickers...
For the first one, I opted for something very simple. The Tomahawk is amond the car that could live with one single color applied on the bodyshell... Well, here i still used 3. Two tone of translucent blue (lighter on front, darker on rear) and silver to back the blue.

Then, I simply apply the stickers.

I sill need to take care of the driver figure, but this will be for later...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts

Kyosho 30615 - Tomahawk 2 weeks 1 day ago #78165

After a morning at the club running M-chassis, I got some time to complete some work started yesterday...

I'm not that good at painting driver faces... Looking at my driver figure, I'm asking myself if he is focus or just afraid  :lol: 
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Kyosho 30615 - Tomahawk 2 weeks 1 day ago #78166

There was still a few things to do on this car to call it done.

Led connexion was done in the afternoon, after having a small issue with teh ESC and motor : once calibrated the motor would not run. I finally found the cause of the issue being the sensor cable. Once replaced this is now working fine.

For the leds, I installed the rear permanently while the front are set separately with a plug between the main circuit and the bodyshell.

Once this was done, I took care of the driver figure. I took a transparent cover I used years back when doing booked reports, and simply made the same cut as I was doing before on transparent stickers (the Kyosho sticker for the visor is black, it's a pity to hide the face of the afraid driver :-) ) using more force and two passes for the cut.
Then two small holes, and two very small screws, and this is done (I may be tempted to revisit all my Kyosho visors now)

The driver took place quickly on the chassis...

And the work is over, although it's a bit late to give it a run...

I will have to give the car a short run to check everything is set up properly before the next vintage meetings...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.