Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Mardave Meteor 12 years 1 month ago #8627

I actually found one of these NIB in a hobby shop about 2 years ago, would you believe. Got it for $100. The kit was complete as far as I could tell, and I kept it for a little while. But eventually decided it wasn't my thing, so I listed it on ebay...at which point it sold for...$100.

Sadly, they have very little monetary value at this point. Interesting car though, and a very nice restoration!

I paid less than 14 GBP (22 AUD) for that one, the average (posted) here is more like 40GBP ... I think an NIB Meteor would have got a bit more in the UK - but not much :(

TBH I'm only really interested in these for nostalgia (I had one in my youth) - they're a very capable 2WD buggy, as long as the shocks have some oil in them anyway - but I'm not so much into the driving & that doesn't leave much else - there's little engineering or realism to be appreciated, and pratically nothing to do build- or bodywise.

I'm still thinking about building a luducrously long wheelbase version - like an extra 1000mm in the middle, just for the badword of it - and/or maybe and 8-wheel version :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.