Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mardave Mini WIndows 11 years 11 months ago #9717

Hi guys have not posted for a while been out of the loop with DIY around the house :(

Anyway i picked up this old mardave mini for a song and have replaced simple parts like the front tyres aerial mounting and generally just cleaned it up as i had tons of dust and rust all over it. Its in a tidy useable condition now.

I am having some trouble deciding how to replace the window sections in it. I have the original wire windows but i dont really like the look of them on it so wanted to replace them with something resembling glass (maybe tinted) but am at a loss at what material to use and was wondering if anyone had done anything like it before and especially what to use to mount them to the inside of the shell.

The original builder of this had used some type of horrible thick epoxy glue to glue the wire windows in and it looked a mess so i took it out and sanded the glue off before respraying it.

Also need a speed controller arm for the mechanical speed controller (to connect to the servo) if anyone has anything to fit as this was missing.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Mardave Mini WIndows 11 years 11 months ago #9719

Clear CD cases - they bond perfectly to the Mardave ABS shell using styrene cement (Normal model glue). Carefull cutting it though, it's as fragile as glass & will crack if you're too aggressive with it. I usually chop it out with a coarse burr in a Dremel as "score & break" method usually results in cracking. Have a look at my gallery at "Holiday Scorcher" for an example of CD case windows.
Also, have a look at Kamtec.co.uk as they do spares & bodies for the 1/12 Mardave cars

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds