Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya B2B RACING Sidecar custom chassis build?! 11 years 5 months ago #15038

hi guys...
Anyone out there have any ideas on doing custom chassis builds for such any item? I've seen some crazy builds on youtube using all kinds of chassis designs for sidecars.
I have a OEM B2B 540-motor runner and a shelfqueen. I just want to do a update chassis using current Tamiya or whatever chassis parts. I have a beater B2B body crying out for a custom chassis.
We've got cheapo plastic here in bulk in the USA at industrial plastic supply shops.....like old school KYDEX to fiberglass. I'm trying to keep the build costs low.
I have some Tamiya B2B spares for the front end, but I want to try some other arms or geometry.
I really want to stay with the 540size can motor areas too. Brushless will be wayy too fast for a 3wheeler! lol
BTW, has anyone seen the only real life video of the B2B racing in Germany in like 78-79!
Any ideas would be AWESOME!!!!!
robracer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by robracer.

Re: Tamiya B2B RACING Sidecar custom chassis build?! 11 years 5 months ago #15065

If it were me, I'd be looking on Ebay at fibreglass or carbon fibre sheets to hack up.
I'm in a similar position with an old busted Celica LB turbo body that I'd like to do a chassis for sometime in the future, probably retro meets techno type of thing

Re: Tamiya B2B RACING Sidecar custom chassis build?! 11 years 5 months ago #15072

What about this:

Re: Tamiya B2B RACING Sidecar custom chassis build?! 11 years 5 months ago #15103

Hey awesome guys! hey Eddrick long time no hear from....
I'm BACKKKKKK hahahaha
Maybe there will be more laughs from junk like the LUKE SKY JUNKER builds[sonic fighter]! Remember that!
I'm off to scrounge some sheet plate material for my crazy build of the B2B.
robracer

Re: Tamiya B2B RACING Sidecar custom chassis build?! 11 years 5 months ago #15121

Yeah, it sounds interesting, I don't know why but I've got a thing about "flat plate" type racers, despite having nowhere to run one!
I quite like OTT posh pan cars (AE, Calendra etc) but there's no way I'd pay the hilarious asking prices!
& of course, I'm a huge fan of scratch-builds & the like!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.