Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

can i use tamiya acrylic paints 11 years 3 weeks ago #20560

hi can i use the tamiya acrylic paints (x xf) as i have load of then also do i need to prep the new body. i have a top force body i need to paint jus to make sure it will be ok as it`s a top force body

jason

Please Log in to join the conversation.

can i use tamiya acrylic paints 11 years 3 weeks ago #20561

hi can i use the tamiya acrylic paints (x xf) as i have load of then also do i need to prep the new body. i have a top force body i need to paint jus to make sure it will be ok as it`s a top force body

jason

Tamiya X- & XF- paints won't stick to polycarbonate :(

Prep depends on the paint - Tamiya PS aerosols grip very well so all you really need to do is wash the inside of the shell with Fairy liquid, rinse & dry thoroughly ... for other paints (Tamiya PC, other polycarbonate brush paints, Humbrol "Hobby Spray", etc), keying the inside of the bits to be painted (NOT the windows or the outside) with wet & dry paper (then washing thoroughly) will help the paint stick so it's less likely to flake off the first time your roll it or hit something.

:)

can i use tamiya acrylic paints 10 years 7 months ago #25180

I know this is an old post, but I may have a solution to the X and XF paint issue. We have used Tamiya PS55 flat clear with great success. You paint it on the inside of the body. It will make the body dull, but it is no problem. As soon as you add color, it will clear right up. You only need one coat and remember to mask up the windows. X and XF paint won't adhere to lexan, but it will adhere to other paints.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, Jonny Retro, Manotas

can i use tamiya acrylic paints 10 years 7 months ago #25182

I know this is an old post, but I may have a solution to the X and XF paint issue. We have used Tamiya PS55 flat clear with great success. You paint it on the inside of the body. It will make the body dull, but it is no problem. As soon as you add color, it will clear right up. You only need one coat and remember to mask up the windows. X and XF paint won't adhere to lexan, but it will adhere to other paints.

Nice one :y:

I had wondered if that would work; now you can't get the PC- brush paints anymore, using a PS paint as a primer (& finishing with XF paints) is probably the only way you can paint a polycarbonate formed driver (Wild One, etc) with any degree of detail.

:)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.