Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vinyl Cutting 10 years 11 months ago #21713

I picked up a Cricut create for a few $ at a flea market. "Found" some software that's no longer available that let's it cut svg files instead of using the proprietary cartridges. Been playing with small chunks of reflective vinyl I pilfer from work. The superintendent noticed the stuff I've put on my hardhat and wants to pay me overtime to cut all the reflective signs we use underground and he'll pay for the materials.
I've gone and bought a low budget 34" cutter and will try my hand at 1/10 scale paint masks too, and all the goofy junk people like to stick on their vehicles.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vinyl Cutting 10 years 11 months ago #21717

its handy having a vinyl cutting. You can get difference blades that make it easier to cut things like reflective and tiny text, the blades have different angles. If you set up the cutter right you should be able to cut text down to 3 mm or so,

regards

Johann

Vinyl Cutting 10 years 11 months ago #21719

Let's see your hardware :)

Vinyl Cutting 10 years 11 months ago #21723

Let's see your hardware :)

FedEx will be dropping off the big cutter Thursday. I'll get a pic of the Cricut when I get home.
I'm getting both 45 and 60 degree blades for the big cutter and soon I'll be getting the deep cut blade holder for the Cricut so both machines can use the same blades.

Vinyl Cutting 10 years 11 months ago #21839

Hardware. Just got it today. Need to get a F/F serial adapter before I really cut anything. Supposedly the USB port stinks on this cutter.
Attachments:

Vinyl Cutting 10 years 11 months ago #21840

Nice, that looks like one I have a number of years ago. If its the same, you can also do dye-cutting with it. It cuts right through the paper, you leave some tabs so the piece doesn't fall out and you can make shaped stickers.

Do you have the manual? Some of the cutters have an optical scanner in the head, which means you can get prints done at the local sign shop and then cut them out on your cutter. But that would also be depending on the software you are using.

Good luck with it,

regards

Johann

Vinyl Cutting 10 years 11 months ago #22080

First real cut. Made 4 of the same and went complicated with a 3 colour cut. Their not great but will do.
Attachments:

Vinyl Cutting 10 years 10 months ago #22202

Finally had some time to get more cutting done. Made a decal for my 1:1 and some stuff for my work cap.
Attachments:

Re:Vinyl Cutting 10 years 10 months ago #22496

Been cutting lots of crawling miners and skulls for the guys at work. Finally got to cut something for me.
Attachments:

Re:Vinyl Cutting 10 years 10 months ago #22786

Just cut some stuff for a buddy's ProLine jeep body and some windshield stickers for eBay.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.