Keyword

TOPIC:

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 5 months ago #46710

Spent 2 or 3 days making a 3D card mockup, having said previously that I wasn't going to :whistle: It's actually been quite useful, showing where the sides don't match, how to hold the body on to the chassis, and a method to build it - it's basically 4 boxes, the rear pod (& structural sides) will hold the battery, a middle box (that I'll fit the unloading boom to, later), a front box, and drivers cab ...

Aluminium standoffs:

Sides, plus starting on the rear box:

Cutting head has been unbolted for ease of moving about, but with it fitted & the card mockup, it's a monster - think two Clodbusters, parked in a T-shape :blink:

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, VCR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 5 months ago #46748

Another part with an unfortunate lavatorial aspect ...

... this time it's detail for the underside of the rearmost box:

Basic structure of middle box done:

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46776

Front box (engine housing, believe it or not) done ... the circular hole is not a porthole ;) , 1:1 760 combines have a big intake fan here (the model just has a grille as a surface detail) - a 50mm fan is approximately 1:10 scale.

Chunk of Aluminium left over from the wheels on my 1:12 Nichimo Lotus Europa (sold a while back) ...

At this point I realised the main body should have been longer - hence the 10mm left over :whistle: It's probably a better match to 1:1 examples, but I'd rather have matched the proportions of the 1:32 versions.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63, VCR

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46822

Cab platform:

Starting work on the cab:

Boots, gloves & heid from full Wild Willy figure grafted onto 4x4 body:

Total progress so far:

Gaps between body sides & conveyor worked out quite well... gap at the top, not so much ...

The following user(s) Liked this: VCR

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46823

Amazng work another time Jonny.

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46824

Fantastic execution, and so much work! :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46825

OH my, the Gerald Wingrove of the RC world is at it again !! :)
Absolutely excellent work, just an amazing and wonderfully non-typical RC build. Can't say enough how much this makes me smile.

And good to see the old unimat at work, that's a mighty big piece of stock for that little machine!! Sure makes me miss mine, never should have sold it, even having a bigger machine I still miss just being able to put the unimat right on the table and make a part! I really should try and track down another one or something like it, make something... I don't know....hmmm :whistle:

Also, not to sound to daft, but I need to ask about the driver's body what 4x4 body is that?? It looks great too, by the way.

PS. That Wingrove comment is not sarcasm, I really mean it, its amazing , I can't wait to see it in colour!
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly.

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46826

...not to sound to daft, but I need to ask about the driver's body what 4x4 body is that?? It looks great too, by the way.

Tamiya part # 54416 - modern re-issue of the driver figure first seen in the Toyota 4x4 Pickup (58028) & Blazing Blazer (58029) kits :)

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46844

Working on the unloader ... tube is 3 layers of 0.5mm sheet, carefully bonded using a broom handle as a former ... a pin on the underside of the arm runs on a cam cut from aluminium tube, shaoed so its lowest point is at the rear (so arm is level in the "parked" position), at the highest point at the side (so the arm lifts in the "out" position). Problem is, while it works fine on the desk, it's not really robust enough for use on a moving vehicle, it's all a bit floppy in the parked position, and a bit too much torque is needed to get it to the fully "out" position. Plus, the shaft changes angle, so making it move under servo power is more problematic. TBH having it not fall off is most important, operable remotely of 2ndary importance, and having the arm lift, not very much at all - so some rework is in order.

Attachments:

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46845

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.