Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A team colours paint order 8 years 1 month ago #37282

Hi all

I'm a newbie to the rc world so please excuse what might be a rookie question.

I'm painting my lunchbox kit like the a team. I've done the black and not sure the bet way to proceed.

My preferred thought is leave a gap for the red stripe, paint the grey top and then when do the red overlap slightly to get a nice line.

The other which was my first idea was to butt the grey right up to the black and just overpaint both with the red later.

What are your thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A team colours paint order 8 years 1 month ago #37284

so far:

Attachments:

A team colours paint order 8 years 1 month ago #37285

Welcome on board. The painting processus is to paint firstly clear colors and after the dark. For your lunchy you had to paint firstly the grey, after the black and finally the red strip. But your work looks good. Now, you have to mask the black and paint the grey. After you just need to make the red strip with red vynil.
The following user(s) Liked this: gupster

A team colours paint order 8 years 1 month ago #37288

Thanks for the note. So to confirm, paint grey up to the black and overpaint the red instead of leaving a gap for the red? I had planned to spray paint the red, I assume this will work.

Last edit: by gupster.

A team colours paint order 8 years 1 month ago #37289

You have to make mask for the red and protect the black. After you spray grey, after you protect grey and black and you spray red. I don't remind exactly the color of the truck but if it is 3 colors, youhave to do that. If it has only 2 colors ( grey and red) you can spray entirely in black, overspray in grey and paint the red.

A team colours paint order 8 years 1 month ago #37299

:laugh: :laugh:

I wouldn't put the grey under the red, so I vote mask the red stripe and black to do the grey :) then mask the black / grey to finish the red, It will also give you the opportunity to fix up the little paint bleeds from the black / grey, any from the red wont show up as bad on the dark colours :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, gupster

A team colours paint order 8 years 1 month ago #37334

Thanks for your help. All done now.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok, Edou, AndyAus

A team colours paint order 8 years 1 month ago #37335

:blink: That's your first body paint? You realized à very nice work. Félicitations.
The following user(s) Liked this: gupster

A team colours paint order 8 years 1 month ago #37344

Thanks! Yes this is my first RC and first paint job too :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

A team colours paint order 8 years 1 month ago #37348

Good job!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.