Window masks 7 years 8 months ago #39972

Hi I am going to get a lexan body based on a Dodge Charger but I don't know
What to do about window masks it will be a single colour
Am I right in thinking I can use liquid mask and just paint it where the
Windows are then paint the body then remove the liquid mask
Neil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Window masks 7 years 8 months ago #39974

I neve ued liquid mask but Jonny Retro used it for his flamming test. Perso I use classic thin paper tape (tiro) but the better is the tamiya one ;)

Window masks 7 years 8 months ago #39982

I wont buy a body if it doesn't come with window masks...Parma has the best window masks they are tight and flexible but I think I know the charger you are talking about that same company has a van body I like but no window masks made me not buy it its very hard to mask your own windows and do a good job that's even with no paint bleed.

Window masks 7 years 8 months ago #39985

Thanks all I have looked for a charger body with masks but can't find one

Window masks 7 years 8 months ago #39986

You could paint the whole body black then paint some silver around the windows on the outside if you have those modelling skills and it will look like it has tinted windows....That's what I would probably do if I wanted a charger body that bad.

Window masks 7 years 8 months ago #39987

You can also use painters tape and put it on the inside of the windows and trim around it with a new sharp exacto blade but its tedious work and may take a few tries I have done it but its not fun because you have to get it right and not cut too deep past the tape so you don't scratch the lexan .....I don't know I have the patience to do that anymore lol

Window masks 7 years 8 months ago #39988

I wont buy a body if it doesn't come with window masks...Parma has the best window masks they are tight and flexible but I think I know the charger you are talking about that same company has a van body I like but no window masks made me not buy it its very hard to mask your own windows and do a good job that's even with no paint bleed.

Johnny, it's not so hard to mask windows. You can use tamiya tape. It is a little expensive but very good quality. I use classic windows masking tape. It must be new without moisture. presse the tape on the body and with a new blade cut "lightly" the windows lines and remove the excedent. See outside the body; the tape must be glued all around with you nail.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.