Keyword

TOPIC:

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 7 months 3 weeks ago #76520

Seen another Nichimo Exceed 443WDS on sale on one of the group in Facebook with nice pictures and the seller indicating the chassis is printed... Looking attentively to the picture, it's easy to notice the bottom chassis is printed, as well as front and rear gearbox halves... I'm very happy my files are serving to someone to repair NIchimo cars... I mention this, but also that the provenance of the file should be precised in the announcement... And got some feedback I should not hijacking the ad to promote my products... The guy told he had no knowledge about who printed the file and where he get it (would be suprising as the guy is in many groups where I published pictures of my work, but ok)... At the end, when I see this, I'm more and more tempted to remove all my files from Thingiverse and Printable and making them as paid files at least if not removing them completely...

Not sure what to think and decide, but that becomes more and more frequent unfortunately...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 7 months 3 weeks ago #76525

Think paid files is the way to go.
And maybe say something like "if you later may sell something containing these parts, please mention the designer in the selling ad."

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 7 months 1 week ago #76700

Each time I launch a print, I know how much the X1C changed a lot the things for me...  It's not perfect, but there is very few occasions where I have a failed print and when it happens, it is my own fault...

I tried to print the pulley cover for the Hirobo... Face down, as it was the way the slicer wanted it...

And here is the result : left side had supports everywhere, and I did have hard time to remove them... My filament settings may need some tuning again (last firmware update changed something in the K factor settings as they are back to 0, or I did a mistake). I put some support blockers as I have a bridge, and that came to be the right side (PETG has a tendancy to adhere the nozzle, and it happens that small circles don't stay on the bed, specially when I did already multiple prints on it before that print)... The dims are right, it fits the gearbox and everything around, but I can't show it this way, which means I have to reprint it again, but face up with lot of supports this time...

Next will be a 44B City/Vega radio box cover. The slicer want to put it angled on the side angle. Not lot of support but left and right side would not be similar and requiring post processing. I decided to put it in the bottom side, with adaptative layers, and use a lot of support. Again this is a PETG print (will see how support will be, but i'm not too much worried about this)...

This is going to be a long print, and I will see the result only tomorrow...
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 7 months 2 days ago #76746

Ouch!
I have to change the nozzle today, and this was the first real problem I have with the printer... I noticed yesterday that the automatic calibration was no longer working properly, which resulted in the surface issue in some of my recent prints (not all of them got affected, but some were clearly)... I swapped the nozzle assembly, and then replace the nozzle in this one. I'll reorder some nozzles at some point, next time I need specific filament from Bambu Lab... It did not take long to do, and it is back to normal now...

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 6 months 2 weeks ago #76831

I post on forums related to 3D printing as well, and this week I got a nice surprise : this week, my Super Wheelie made it to the week's publication of the companion blog with nice pictures...
www.lesimpriman...-20231015/

This is the second time one of my car happens to be mentioned in the week blog entry, as the Nichimo Spirit FF made it as well... And I see this as a very good way to give some ideas to 3D printing folks about repairing/inventing/moding cars with 3D printers, and a good recongnition of my work...
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 6 months 5 days ago #76903

Congrats Marc,
your 3d printing stuff is amazing, well deserved.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 5 months 3 weeks ago #76976

Today I took the time to publish my tires on cults3D with as clear as possible explanation on how to proceed to print them...
cults3d.com/en/...r/rc-tires

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 5 months 2 weeks ago #76990

Something good happened this week.
Few weeks ago, a cults3D user bought the Super Wheelie/Big Bear chassis parts. And he sent me a message to say that everything works and he is very happy with the possibility to repair his car... It caught me off guard : before I had many downloads, and almost never any feedbacks. Here it's paid part, there is one single download and the user actually feedback on my work. That's very different, and I'm very happy about this!
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 5 months 2 weeks ago #76991

Thats very nice.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 4 months 2 days ago #77409

Happy New Year 2024 to everyone.
2023 was quite an impressive year with a lot of things I've done which I could have seen as impossible just few years back... The main lesson : failure is part of the success and you will learn from it, and each failure is a step closer to the success.
And in terms of 3D printing, this is particulary true... If I take the exemple of the tires (and actually, this not the only exemple), it took me about 2 years, many fails and many ideas to get there and having them working...
So never stop trying, and don't forget, sometimes you need to be a bit studborn to get to the success and keep trying...
Happy CAD and 3D printing 🙂

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.