Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11796

Added my Williams FW11B to the list, I'd like to keep it but I can't ever seeing me running it :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11840

How much do you want for the Meteor?

Really looking for 40 GBP including tracked/insured shipping :)

I'd say that was a fair price, especially considering this: www.ebay.co.uk/...0963394081
Eighty-two quid for a Mardave???? :ohmy: (plus a Tenner for postage)
Unfortunately, I've just blown all my funds :(

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11848

What the....
I've seen a couple of sales like that recently, it's like it becomes more of a competition to aquire something than to actually buy it for what (Or less than) it's worth.

Last one I saw was for one of those white pod things that goes with the old Dinky "Space 1999" Eagle spaceship - they usually make about

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11856

That's bonkers :blink:

I remember Space 1999, and let me tell you it's been a source of disappointment what i haven't been able to spend the last 13 years flying to work (on the moon) in an Eagle Transporter - I feel totally lied to :silly:

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11899

just a bit, but those collectors could say the same about us lot!
For a comparison, look at the 24" scale Eagle model prices on Ebay, & compare with those for a 20" Tamiya 3-speed.
I'm sorry to say it, but I'd bet a 24" Eagle sitting on a shelf in the front room would be more of a talking point with visitors than the Hilux, & thinking about it, I'm not actually sure which I'd prefer to own. Swap it all for a minigun though! (Did you see Mythbusters the other night? - hacking down trees with a minigun is far quicker than using a chainsaw!)

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #12560

Just sold the Meteor, the Wild Willy, my brushless Metro 6R4 TL-01 (bit sorry to see that go :( ), and even one of my scale welding sets on eBay - that's the current most urgent bill covered anyway :S

I see though that eBays cut of what I made (through listing fees, final value fees & Paypal fees) was a gnats' under 15% :sick:

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #12591

Ebay, the place where you pay to give stuff away (+ free hassle too!)

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 7 months ago #12598

... free hassle too! ...

Tell me about it :whistle:

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 7 months ago #12661

Sold the Bullhead & another welding set ... didn't do so well on the prices though :(

I did have a lead on the 58069 Williams FW11, but my potential buyer didn't want to go through with it as it wasn't the Road Wizard chassis he thought it was & he wanted to concentrate on collecting the first 75 models.

That was a 58069 Williams FW11 - just thought I'd mention it again :whistle: :pinch: :blink: :silly: :unsure:

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 7 months ago #12709

FW11 & another welding set have gone :)

I started cleaning up the King Blackfoot, but very quickly lost interest in it :(

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.