Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.

TOPIC:

FS: Mardave Cobra, Super Hornet & Wild Dagger 11 years 10 months ago #9977

I want to free up a bit of shelf space & electronics, so I'm looking to sell three of my least used, most non-baxart, most lashed-up cars, cheap. Be warned, these are not up to my usual standard :D

edits:
Super Hornet/Rough Rider is sold
Cobra & Wild Dagger are going on ebay shortly

Mardave Cobra: Steering servo but no other electrics, Kamtec ABS Baja body in very poor condition, body mounts are shocking. Shocks absorbers (nice segue, eh?) have no oil - it's all leaked out.
Stock wheels all round but front tyres are Tamiya "Super Gripper"s with the two big grooves & the numbers 55-77-23-14 ... which i think makes them vintage Wild One / Fox? They are in good order apart from some superglue damage on one sidewall of each - _not_ done by me, they are not superglued on. Probably the best bits of the car, along with the rear tyres, which are HPI "Sand Thrower"s, these have been used but have no immediately obvious wear. They _are_ superglued on, but I think they would probably come off pretty easily.
I'll leave the steering servo in, but no other electrics. I'll also include a 48dp pinion with the lowest number of teeth I can find (the tyres have a much larger rolling radius than usual). I think I also have the original spike tyres, so they will go in the parcel too.
No manual, no box, no radio, just what's described here.

Super Hornet - Kamtec Rough Rider shell, has some damage on the roof where the spotlights go on .. not sure what happened to them, but I will include a used but paint stripped pair, + some stickers. Steering servo & motor (a Johnson 4-hole, which sounds a bit worn) included, but no other electrics.
Chassis has a split on the back, but a new one is included. I tried (& pretty much failed) to make something like a 3rd shock on the front of the gearbox.
No idea what the wheels are off, but rear tyres are the same as the original Pajero MTW, fronts are labelled IMEX ROAD DAWG & look to have been cut down to fit the wheels.

30 GBP posted in UK. Again, willing to post overseas at buyers' cost.

Wild Dagger: Midnight Pumpkin body, "pratice" bumper & winch from a Wild Willy 2. Driver, fake spare wheel, jerry can & NOS bottle are all from a Chinese fake Wild Willy M38.
Former owner has fitted pink anodised shocks, these are in very good order apart from some dirt & the bottom joints being scuffed on the outside, former owner also made the lower mounting brackets... they're crude but do work, so I've never replaced them. Battery holders have been modified to take a 8.4V pack, but will still take a 7.2.
I've fitted a wheelie bar on the back - it does need it at times.
Two 540 motors & steering servo included, no other electrics.

pictures to follow later :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: FS: Mardave Cobra, Super Hornet & Twin Detonator 11 years 10 months ago #9979

Super Hornet/Rough Rider - old pic, this is before I borked the roof & lost the lights ...

Re: FS: Mardave Cobra, Super Hornet & Twin Detonator 11 years 10 months ago #9980

Twin Det ... this may have been a Wild Dagger to start with TBH :blush:

Attachments:

Re: FS: Mardave Cobra, Super Hornet & Twin Detonator 11 years 10 months ago #9981

Re: FS: Mardave Cobra, Super Hornet & Twin Detonator 11 years 10 months ago #9983

if the pink shocks are these, that would be genuine tamiya 53155 so would make the pumpkin a nice buy.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: FS: Mardave Cobra, Super Hornet & Twin Detonator 11 years 10 months ago #9988

Hi jonny,
I could be interested by the super hornet and the wild dagger.
Can you say me the price of twins with shipping to france please.
After I see with my bank advisor if I can buy it.
Thanks a lot
flo

Re: FS: Mardave Cobra, Super Hornet & Twin Detonator 11 years 10 months ago #9994

if the pink shocks are these, that would be genuine tamiya 53155 so would make the pumpkin a nice buy.

That's the chaps :)

Re: FS: Mardave Cobra, Super Hornet & Twin Detonator 11 years 10 months ago #9995

Hi jonny,
I could be interested by the super hornet and the wild dagger.
Can you say me the price of twins with shipping to france please.
After I see with my bank advisor if I can buy it.
Thanks a lot
flo

Ok, I found a 58 x 41 x 28cm box that they'll both fit in, weight will be approx. 6 kg ...
Shipping by DHL on a 3-day "road" service, fully tracked & insured is 86.81 GBP = 107 EUR :blink:

I asked 70 GBP for the cars, obviously that included some subsidy for shipping within the UK, so with that deducted, 55 GBP = 68 EUR ...

So, in total, 175 EUR.

If that seems like a good deal, I have some old rope you may be interested in ;)

Re: FS: Mardave Cobra, Super Hornet & Twin Detonator 11 years 10 months ago #9998

:cry: :cry:
I'm disgusted about the shipping cost I can't buy it.
These cars aren't so expensive to it is really cheap :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
You are really honnest for the price.
Before I regiter me on tamiyabase I sold a 959 chassis uncomplet. It's gone at 41

Re: FS: Mardave Cobra, Super Hornet & Twin Detonator 11 years 10 months ago #10001

very tempted by that super hornet JR your paint skills are awesome i take my hat off to you the driver looks ace hes worth the money alone i think

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.