Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58008 Countach D-parts 11 years 8 months ago #12250

Hi guys, wondering if you can help me out. Have this resto project of the 58008 Countach CS lying around for more than 1,5 years now. Body is badly beaten up but doable. Lots of parts broken and missing, but luckely for me i stumbled over a c tree on the bay long time ago :) . Now only things i am still missing is the D -parts (windows etc).
Been scouting the bay for it but never saw them on, so i am hoping one of you guys might have some in their lost parts departments....
Ty for looking.

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58008 Countach D-parts 11 years 8 months ago #12259

You're probably looking for original parts, but I'll suggest it anyway - I often use CD cases for windows in ABS shells - being styrene they bond well to the ABS bodies using only normal model glue (Styrene cement). It's easy enough to chop out with a Dremel/hacksaw/file as long as you're careful (It does tend to crack/split if you're not). Bending can be done by dunking in boiling water (Careful!). For an example see my "Holiday Scorcher", as you probably know the Beetle has a fairly severe curve to the rear screen, so it should be possible for the Countach, as long as the available material is big enough

Re: 58008 Countach D-parts 11 years 8 months ago #12272

Hey Eddrick,

great tip!! tnx. Ofc i fancy it all original but this can do it as long as i don't get my hands on the parts. Unlikely at least for some time if you ask me.
Just not so trilled about the "boiling" water adventure ahead of me... :)
I must just try it and we will see how things work out i guess :silly:

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: 58008 Countach D-parts 11 years 8 months ago #12289

I wear welding gloves & use long-nose pliers to do the boiling water bit. You'll probably find you'll have to do it several times to get more severe curves.
If you don't fancy boiling water, you could do it in the oven (Not grill) at just over 100degC on a bit of tin foil with something flat under it. Downside to that is you don't get long to make the bend before it cools, & making it much hotter comes with the risk of unmanagability, browning & bubbles.

Just a thought (Never tried it though), how about using heat-set modelling clay (eg Fimo) as a mould? - use card pressed into the window hole to give a shaped base to put the clay on, then once you have the shape cook the clay to make it hard. You should then have a correct-shaped 'mound' you could lay the clear styrene on & lob the whole shebang in the oven & wait for the plastic to droop over the mound. Plaster of paris might work instead of clay, if you could find a suitable way to keep it in the window hole whilst it sets

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.