Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

a Restorer In Need!... C-Ring's required! 11 years 6 months ago #15206

Hi guys, I'm in (serious) need to source some BR1 C-Rings, can anyone help!?

I'm restoring a 58059 Porsche 959.

There's no listings for these on the 'bay', and my fabrication skills are somewhat lacking! :cry:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: a Restorer In Need!... C-Ring's required! 11 years 6 months ago #15207

I'm following a lead. Let you know when I get a response. :y:

Re: a Restorer In Need!... C-Ring's required! 11 years 6 months ago #15208

Awesome, thanks Edo! :woohoo:

Re: a Restorer In Need!... C-Ring's required! 11 years 6 months ago #15213

What are they? Are we talking circlips/other metal fixing-ware? - try your local engineering supplier, or RSwww.com.

If it's something else, fairly simple-looking, it might be possible to make (Post a pic)

Re: a Restorer In Need!... C-Ring's required! 11 years 6 months ago #15219

Hey Eddrick,

They are/were a real task to remove when dismantling some wrecks... most 'pinging off' and never to be seen again!

Attachments:

Re: a Restorer In Need!... C-Ring's required! 11 years 6 months ago #15221

I'm looking at the pic & thinking the BR1 is a C-shaped, round-section wire thing. It sits in a groove in the shaft, then the plastic gear slides over it to hold it in place. This assembly then holds the shaft assembly in place, am I right?

Have you got any digital/vernier calipers? (Get some if not, you'll wonder how you ever managed without them!). - measure the wire diameter & measure the inside diameter of the clip. Find a spring with the same inside diameter & same section wire (Same wire diameter) & chop 1x coil out of it. Then tweak it flat, & cop the gap to the same size as the proper clip.

Failing that, take a clip into a model shop & ask them to match the wire with some of their piano wire (Which is hard spring steel). You should be able to wind this around a drill bit or rod to get some circular clips. Your winding rod needs to be a bit smaller than the required finished clip size, as it will probably uncoil a little bit when you release it

Re: a Restorer In Need!... C-Ring's required! 11 years 6 months ago #15222

The C-ring holds/secures the gear box joints within the gear box housing, as the washers and bearings etc don't secure the gear box joints from 'slipping out'.

Yes I'll have to invest in a pair of calipers.

Thanks for your advice, will explore the spring option first.

Cheers! :y:

Re: a Restorer In Need!... C-Ring's required! 11 years 6 months ago #15224

That's quite alright, just hope you get it sorted without having to pay through the nose for genuine parts!

Incidentally, it's the same method they use for securing CV joints in Citroen GS (1980s) series, in case you were wondering...

Get some digital calipers, even the cheapy ones (Like, less than a tenner on Ebay) are better than nothing! Make sure you get metal ones though, plastic/fibre ones are hopeless

Re: a Restorer In Need!... C-Ring's required! 11 years 6 months ago #15236

Still waiting on the one I ordered a few weeks ago... :(

I think things'll work out with the C-rings. Lightwatermodels (he had a few) is always decent with prices. :cheer:

Re: a Restorer In Need!... C-Ring's required! 11 years 6 months ago #15237

hi mate , i have heaps of the 'C' ring clips, do you still need them ???

cheers Bullfrog

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.