Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Nissan king cab chassis 11 years 5 months ago #15624

Bought a Nissan King Cab with high hopes of running this classic only to find the chassis is completely broken.
If anyone knows of one please let me know.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Nissan king cab chassis 11 years 5 months ago #15644

Again, the often come up on Ebay UK! (Mostly the Hilux version).
Check the diff before you throw any money at it though, they're useless. Rear suspension arms have a habit of being bent too, & check the threads in the bottom of the gearbox wher it fixes to the chassis as they're often stripped.

other than that, they're a great car to run (As long as the poxy ball diff isn't slipping!)

Re: Nissan king cab chassis 11 years 5 months ago #15649

Again, the often come up on Ebay UK! (Mostly the Hilux version).
Check the diff before you throw any money at it though, they're useless. Rear suspension arms have a habit of being bent too, & check the threads in the bottom of the gearbox wher it fixes to the chassis as they're often stripped.

other than that, they're a great car to run (As long as the poxy ball diff isn't slipping!)

UK has it all :-) I just checked the diff and the arms and it seems to be just fine the chassis is cracked towards the front where the bumper meets. Maybe a head on collision or something. I found a repop body from TBG so the only thing left would be the decals.

Thanks again.

Re: Nissan king cab chassis 11 years 5 months ago #15694

I bought a hilux chassis in poor condition on ebay near my work and it was really out. I only kept the dyna rims. Diff out and wrenches :sick: and with body.
4 weeks later I bought on ebay too my king cab to the same seller wich sold it for a friend and I profit to bought a old pontiac 1/12th traxxas. My king cab is in very good used condition with full ball bearings and really a small body's restoration.
I sold the hilux to a friend for spare or restoration.

Re: Nissan king cab chassis 11 years 5 months ago #15727

Finalunity - yep, UK has it all, wretched weather, inflated prices, useless police, derranged councillors etc

Chuckled the other night, saw a documentary about that tropical storm Sandy - thought "hmm, looks like March in the UK". It's been raining here for over a week, possibly 2. Can't tell what's river & what's flooded adjacent field now. Flood warnings all over the country at the mo, & a lot of house insurance companies won't cover flood/wind damage any more. Fallen trees & flattened farm buildings is quite normal, although when it happens in July some raise an eyebrow!

Re: Nissan king cab chassis 11 years 5 months ago #15733

I live in NJ but up towards Pennsylvania all that happened here was extreme high winds and a lot of rain, that caused trees to fall over and take out power lines. I was without power for 6 days luckily I had bought a generator 2 years ago.
While everyone knows about the gas rationing they didn't talk much about the food issue. No power means the grocery stores had no food. I had to drive 80 miles round trip into Pennsylvania just to get essentials like milk and bread.
I have friends that lived down by the shore and they no longer have a home, their house was literally swept from it's foundation and moved 2 blocks along with every other house on the street.
I was able to go to my friends and see the damages and it was like being in a war zone, the sand was everywhere, debris was all over, boats parked in people's front yards back yards.
Believe it or not the cleanup is still going on here and I'm about 80 miles from the shore. There's still trees down everywhere.

Re: Nissan king cab chassis 11 years 5 months ago #15766

Yep, sounds like March alright... As for boats in gardens, that sounds like Wisbech!
Around here the weatherman only has to mention there's going to be snow somewhere in the country & all the oldies completely empty the local supermarket of milk bread & baked beans! A couple of years back, the store landed 2x pallets of beans in the entrance, & they were all gone within the hour! Dangerous place to be, Downham Tesco, when there's bad weather forecast, you run the risk of being killed by hungry pensioners

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.