Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo driver stay needed!!!!!!!! 11 years 5 months ago #16224

HI!... I'm in desperate need of a driver's "STAY" for a Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo I'm restoring. It's basically a small metal bracket that holds the driver up inside the body.

Small bracket on back of driver in this pic :

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo driver stay needed!!!!!!!! 11 years 5 months ago #16243

Your best bet is to make your own from thin sheet metal. I have looked myself high and low for one.....

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo driver stay needed!!!!!!!! 11 years 5 months ago #16249

HI!... Well I'm going for all original on this shelf queen. Plus to fabricate one exactly the same, I would need one to copy.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo driver stay needed!!!!!!!! 11 years 5 months ago #16254

yeah I do understand and that would be my wish too; been looking for a long time myself and my driver sits in box. But others have said they made one. I guess you could always have someone trace one on paper and then you could cut and bend one for a place marker until the holy grail comes about.

Ciao,

DJ

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo driver stay needed!!!!!!!! 11 years 5 months ago #16256

HI!... I found a guy a few months ago that had 6 of them NIP. But the guy was in a dream world for price. He wanted $100(U.S) each for them plus shipping. Needless to say he got told where to go. :evil:

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo driver stay needed!!!!!!!! 11 years 5 months ago #16271

Believe me he will probably get it from someone. Too bad he wouldn't deal. What is the most you have paid for one single part. That would be a good topic question???

Enjoy,

DJ : )

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo driver stay needed!!!!!!!! 11 years 5 months ago #16273

HI!... Well I found a guy who has a NIP Renault 5 Turbo front bumper (black). He's in the same dream land. About $140(CAN) it would cost me to get it here. :angry:

I did buy a Renault 5 Turbo driver spru a week ago and it cost me $55(CAN). That's probably the most I have ever spent on a driver. lol! Then as usually one showed up on Ebay 3 days later and went for $12. :cry:

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo driver stay needed!!!!!!!! 11 years 5 months ago #16274

Yeah you can get that sprue off of the re-release Renault 5; I believe I got one from JR-RC for like 8 bucks. Too bad they don't have a rere bracket too. I have wasted beacoup money on the early Tamiya cars but they are my spice so how can that be all that bad. If it was easy to get this stuff it wouldn't be fun.

Ciao,

DJ

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.