Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Looking for hotshot rear wing 11 years 4 months ago #17328

Hi just wondering if anyone would have a spare rear wing for an original hotshot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut. Reason: Moved topic to "Wanted" section

Re: Looking for hotshot rear wing 11 years 4 months ago #17333

are you looking for one for a runner, or a shelf queen? I have an unpainted one in decent shape I'll have to double check it's condition though...it's an original one.

Re: Looking for hotshot rear wing 11 years 4 months ago #17358

Hi there,

I have 2x original hotshots one wing. Going to use one and shelf the other, just didn't want to have to buy the full body.

Going to be re spraying so unfinished would be great.

I'm in Ireland.
How much are you looking for?

Any suggestions on the best gear to fit for running. Leaving the shelf Queen with all the original parts, bearings, shafts coms etc.

Regards
J crazy

Re: Looking for hotshot rear wing 11 years 4 months ago #17380

If you could put up with a repro Frog wing for the runner, Kamtec.co.uk do one cheap on its own

Re: Looking for hotshot rear wing 11 years 4 months ago #17381

Il check this out eddrick, thanks
Any tips on the spec for a runner.
Assuming bearings change, maybe suspension upgrade, what max motor could it take?

Re: Looking for hotshot rear wing 11 years 4 months ago #17382

I'm not the expert on Hotshot tuning, & I can't for the life of me remember if it has adjustment for fitting different motor pinions.
What I can tell you though is there are several things you need to do before giving one of these a hiding as a runner/basher -
1st off, ballrace the car, replace ALL of the kit bearings with ballraces.
2nd, check the driveshafts, particularly if it's still got the kit aluminium with steel ends ones - the ends can work loose & do damage if they come out, same goes for the small pins in the ends.
3rd, check how much steering it has - if there's too much the driveshafts can jam at full lock & break the drive cups (& possibly other stuff too), particularly if you intend to put a more powerful motor in it. To check, turn the steering to full lock, rotate the wheels & make sure there's no "notching" or that there's any chance that the driveshafts can get tangled in the slots of the drive cups. If the shafts rattle-fit end ways, put O-rings in the outer (Hub) cups to restrict their movement.
4th, if there's any chance it's gonna get wet, waterproof the receiver (& ESC if fitted). Cheapest way is with balloons, condoms, plastic bags & cable ties. If it gets wet & stops working, STOP, unplug the battery & dry it out for a few days - it SHOULD be ok once dry. Doesn't matter if the motor gets wet, but grit will cause problems, so consider wrapping tape around the ventilation slots & keep an eye on its temperature. If you have a receiver switch fitted, these can sometimes play up when wet too - I usually remove them & just plug/unplug the battery as my on/off method.

Don't know of any suspension upgrade for it, I take it the soggy front end is bugging you? You could try putting a stronger spring in there, but you run the risk of breaking something in the linkages. Other option is to convert it to run 4x individual shocks.

Motors - depends on how much adjustment you have to run different sized pinions, generally you should run a smaller pinion with a tuned motor (Cos they make their power higher up the rev range). Other factors include, "How fast do you want to go" & "How much money have you got". How good your battery is & what your speed controller is capable of also affect what motor you can use.
Generally speaking, Hotshots are relatively heavy & perform best with "truck-tuned" motors, those with plenty of grunt, not necessarily high-revving.
I personally prefer "Epic" canned 27 turn motors for bashing, they're loads quicker than a standard can, performance is similar to more expensive modifieds. "Revenge of the monster horsepower" is a good one for heavier cars, but they seriously reduce run-time (I'd say you'd get 4 minutes if you're currently getting 7), & your batteries need to be able to supply the extra current needed, to see the uprated performance of the motor.
DON'T buy an Annsmann "Clash" motor, pricetag is enticing I know, but they truly are awful & you're likely to see a drop in performance rather than a gain

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.