Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya falcon decals 11 years 3 months ago #18238

Hello everybody!

No, originals are defenetly too expensive for me!
I found repros on ebay, but they are all precut and on white vinyl. Could somebody please tell me what means? Does it mean that the clear parts are white vinyl and not clear?

Regards, Rainer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya falcon decals 11 years 3 months ago #18239

Hey, to me it looks like these will be fine and are what you are looking for, nothing will be as good as originals so the choice is yours :)
Falcon decals cheers Andy ;)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Tamiya falcon decals 11 years 3 months ago #18240

On the face of it, they look ok ... but I really, really wouldn't get those - I know from personal experience that you don't neccessairly get what's described or pictured from that seller, the ones I got had white backgrounds where they should have been clear, and looked like they'd been cut out with a blunt breadknife.

It infuriates me that this seller is still allowed to sell their garbage on eBay when all the good quality stuff has gone, they just start up another account when their feedback gets too bad, I'm just surprised it takes a while for that to happen each time. Looking at their feedback I can only assume that a lot of people have very low standards.

Buying a set of those, then having to buy a genuine set because they're so poor will just make buying that genuine set more expensive.

:(
The following user(s) Liked this: rainer222

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Tamiya falcon decals 11 years 3 months ago #18247

Hello!

Yes, these are the decals I ment on ebay.
Is it true that the white letters can`t be seen? Also the space between the greed of the driver`s cab is white and not clear, right?

Jonny, I think you`re right. I don´t think that I`ll happy If I buy those decals.
But how did you make your own decals for your Striker. Did you print them at home with a single printer?

Would you tell me your secret? Because they just look awesome!

Regards, Rainer

Last edit: by rainer222.

Tamiya falcon decals 11 years 3 months ago #18248

Yep, they were done on a basic 4 colour home inkjet printer, there's an article on the methods here .

The Falcon decals will need quite a lot of reworking before you can print them at home - some need printing on clear, some on white, and some of those need to have black or red backgrounds added, hopefully to match the black & red on the car ... it'll be a compromise, but you can't print white on clear, or red on clear with adequate density at home.

PM me your email address & I'll send you some examples :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.