Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Looking for a nylon spur gear for 3 speed gearbox 13 years 6 months ago #177

• jva
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
I'm looking for a nylon spur gear for the 3 speed gearbox in a Blazing Blazer 4x4 / Toyota hilux 4x4. It is part no. 7 in the transmission. This is Tamiya part number 4265002, but unfortunately no longer available.

It's the last spare part I need for my more than 25 year old Blazing Blazer to be in fully running condition.

I'll be really glad to hear from you if you could help me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jva.

Re: Looking for a nylon spur gear for 3 speed gearbox 13 years 6 months ago #178

These nylon spur gears are hard to find...
It would be nice if someone had found a replacement part that was available... ??

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Looking for a nylon spur gear for 3 speed gearbox 13 years 5 months ago #216

If the worst comes to the worst, contact HPC Gears (HPCGEARS.COM)- they offer manufacture of one-off gears, but I warn you now, it's likely to be horrifically expensive!
If I were in your position, I'd probably find 2 gears matching the 2 parts of the required spur & find a way of joining them, perhaps by welding with a soldering iron, or mount both (glued &/or, press fit?) on a central sleeve? RS components (RSWWW.COM) stock a few plastic gears, or perhaps look at Tamiya/other gear bags on Ebay, Clodbuster springs to mind, as does TXT/Juggernaut, maybe grasshopper? Haven't got one to hand, & can't remember exactly what they look like.... Having said all this, I take it you mean the plastic counter gear between motor pinion & the rest of the gearbox?
Some useful info for your quest for gears - Gear modulus (MOD) = number of teeth/PCD (PCD (pitch circle diameter) is measured as a diameter at half-height of the teeth, if you get me), OR, DP (diametrical pitch) = number of teeth/PCD (in inches). I've got a feeling that Tamiya use 0.8MOD or 32DP in the Hilux gearbox, but check. Some ideas, at least

Re: Looking for a nylon spur gear for 3 speed gearbox 13 years 5 months ago #233

Just spotted this on Ebay 160507542444. It's listed for Bruiser, but I'm sure if you talk to him nicely he might be able to do Hilux ones

Re: Looking for a nylon spur gear for 3 speed gearbox 13 years 5 months ago #235

• jva
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hey thats great. Thanks for your help. It looks as if it is the exact match, so I might just get in touch with this guy.

Re: Looking for a nylon spur gear for 3 speed gearbox 13 years 5 months ago #237

I hope you mean an exact match for a Bruiser one, cos it definately won't fit a Hilux/Blazer (Bruiser one's considerably bigger/meatier & has an anti-overload clutch built in)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.