Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Grasshopper two decals 12 years 3 months ago #5815

Hi guys, wonder if any of you could help me. Been restoring my Grasshopper two and was just to place the decals (which i bought on e-bay)after newly spraying the body when i came to notice the decals were printed on white vinyl instead of clear vinyl......sigh.
So if any of you has a original decal set which i could buy, i would be very pleased to finish my GH2 project!
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Grasshopper two decals 12 years 3 months ago #5820

Hi guys, wonder if any of you could help me. Been restoring my Grasshopper two and was just to place the decals (which i bought on e-bay)after newly spraying the body when i came to notice the decals were printed on white vinyl instead of clear vinyl......sigh.
So if any of you has a original decal set which i could buy, i would be very pleased to finish my GH2 project!

I can guess which eBay seller that was too :whistle:

It's a recurring rant of mine that Tamiya clamping down on sellers of repro items on the grounds of IP, despite having no interest in exploiting it themselves, has meant that the sellers that produced good quality items and had a name they cared about have stopped selling it, whereas the one person still selling sells tat, and just keeps changing their eBay ID.

That said, the decent sellers only sold decals that had a large market - and the Grasshopper 2 just wasn't popular enough.

There is a set of genuine decals on eBay at the moment, I've bought from them before & had no problems. Expensive though ... but I wouldn't call it profiteering - it's just a reflection of the rarity & the supply issues.

Re: Grasshopper two decals 12 years 3 months ago #5849

Thanks for the info! But that price is really too much for me....Guess i will have to wait for a "bargain"to come by at ebay :unsure:
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: Grasshopper two decals 12 years 3 weeks ago #8638

Good evening guys,

still looking for that set of original decals, so if anybody has a spare set lying around don't hesitste to give me a shout..... :silly:

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: Grasshopper two decals 12 years 3 weeks ago #8641

Why not have a go at printing some at home? - clear inkjet printable decal sheets are widely available nowadays, you just need a half decent scan of the originals to work with (& the size of the original or something to scale by eg a leftover decal to compare). Only downside is white's a nuisance cos you can't print white.... I sometimes paint a white area the same size as the decal to get around it, or print that particular decal on white decal paper.
Inkjet printable Waterslide decals are becoming more widespread too & give a much better/neater result, but they will need to be laquered over to prevent damage.
You could even come up with some custom decals for it, anything you like (Have a look at the mural on my F2 van, that's waterslide & home printed)

Re: Grasshopper two decals 12 years 3 weeks ago #8657

Why not have a go at printing some at home?

That's what I also thought - as a final alternative maybe.
I had a look but sadly enough I do not have the scan myself...

Re: Grasshopper two decals 12 years 3 weeks ago #8660

Thought about that also, buying my own printer and making my own decals...
But i am a bit of a geek for wanting it all original tamiya, even if it is going to take years to complete...

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: Grasshopper two decals 12 years 3 weeks ago #8661

wanting it all original tamiya

That's what I figured. ;)
Gotta appreciate striving for originality. :y:

Re: Grasshopper two decals 12 years 1 week ago #8919

HI!... I just bought a new Grasshopper II body kit and it came with a original vintage decal sheet. I already have one all cut out and ready to apply as soon as the new body gets here. I'd be willing to sell the original decal sheet that's coming with the body buy I'm sorry to say I won't let it go much cheaper that the previous mentioned EBAY ad. Their getting really hard to find now.

Re: Grasshopper two decals 12 years 1 week ago #8926

Would it be a good idea to take a scan of it to be stored here, whilst there's still an unmutilated one about? - thinking about what others are gonna do in 5 years time when there aren't any left anywhere

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.