Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

wanted: frog wing 12 years 1 month ago #8445

• jnail
  • jnail's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
hey guys, I manged to rip the wing off my old frog the other day. It ripped out in the usual place, the bottom of the wells where the screws go is pretty much gone on both sides. The body is fine. So, I will need another one, if anyone has one they want to part with, shoot me a PM.

I can't find anyone selling just the wing without the rest of the body, and I don't really wany to buy a whole body because mine is still good.

or... has anyone come up with a wat to repair these?

Thanks, jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: wanted: frog wing 12 years 1 month ago #8453

My re-re one broke in the same place :( I have a spare one ready to go on at some point - I was going to try & shock proof it a little by fitting o-rings (i.e. machine screw, washer, o-ring, wing, o-ring, body, o-ring, washer, locknut) to hopefully avoid the same load & breakage in the future ... doesn't really help you out though :(

I did see this repro body set on eBay UK - if that chap is making them up in his shed, he might be able to just do you a wing?

I also remember my Frog from back in the day breaking its wing - I just cut off the remainder of the wells & used big rubber washers to hold it all on :S

Re: wanted: frog wing 12 years 1 month ago #8454

If that doesn't work out, TBG will be back on line in a few days also. :y:
I think they normally only sell the body-wing combo too but it couldn't hurt to ask...

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: wanted: frog wing 12 years 1 month ago #8456

if it similar to a Hornet wing, then i had the same problem. i repaired it with a large washer on the top, a rubber grommet in the recessed bit and a smaller washer on the bottom.then a 3mm bolt right down through.
it is very rigid but with a slight amount of flex due to the rubber grommet.

Re: wanted: frog wing 12 years 1 month ago #8465

Have a look on Kamtec's website, I know they're extending their range of Tamiya repros, they might have Frog bits. Ask them anyway, as the website usually only shows what they have in stock & not their whole range

Re: wanted: frog wing 12 years 1 month ago #8507

Just had an email back from Kamtec - YES they definately do Frog shells & YES they can do the wing seperately by request. Contact details via their website kamtec.co.uk

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.