Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wanted: Original Grasshopper parts 12 years 1 week ago #9022

I'm looking for 3 original Grasshopper parts, but the trick is: I only want truly original parts NOT re-release parts.

I'm looking for:

- Original 380 motor, as it appear in the original kit (it has a black endbell and pinion already fitted).
- Original B Parts tree (again, an actual part from the 1980s)
- Original D Parts tree (again, an actual part from the 1980s)

There are ways to tell the re-re parts from the original, but the easiest is: if your item is in an old style Tamiya packet, you'll know it's the old one :)

Can anyone help?

cheers,
H.
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Wanted: Original Grasshopper parts 12 years 6 days ago #9025

I think I've got a driver's bust (No head) & a pair of original rear shocks (Spring boxes, not oil dampers) - tried to Ebay them but they didn't sell for a quid so I might've binned them in disgust. If I've still got them & you want them, you can have them. I might also have a pair of steering knuckles & kingpins, but I think they're worn from being run with plastic bushes

Re: Wanted: Original Grasshopper parts 12 years 6 days ago #9026

I'm quite sure that the new trees will have a marking on them with the type of plastic - for recycling purposes. :y:

Re: Wanted: Original Grasshopper parts 12 years 6 days ago #9033

Edou, yes I know :) Hence, looking for originals only.

Eddrick, thanks but I actually already have those parts. I have about 90% of an original Grasshopper, in NIP parts, and was just testing the waters to see if I could get the remaining things I need.

Anyone else?
I think the original 380 motor came with either a black or white endbell (according to the old catalogues), so either would be fine. I just don't want the style that came with the re-release.

cheers,
H.
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Re: Wanted: Original Grasshopper parts 12 years 6 days ago #9034

Is the D parts tree a typo maybe? Looks like they skipped that letter in the manual. :huh:

Edit - aha, they are Hornet parts but I'm guessing you're not looking for these.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Wanted: Original Grasshopper parts 12 years 6 days ago #9039

Ah, see...I got myself confused.

Here's the story behind my mistake...
I have a load of genuine brand new vintage parts for Grasshopper and Hornet. Almost enough to make either car. Initially I thought I'd use them for a Hornet, then changed my mind to Grasshopper.

So now I don't need D parts, just B parts (gearbox) and motor. But they must be originals, this is the challenge :)

H.

Re: Wanted: Original Grasshopper parts 12 years 6 days ago #9041

If you didn't live on the other end of the world, you could take a pick from my stash if any of 'em qualify...

Don't think postage is very favourable here when it doesn't fit through the mailbox. :dry:
But you can keep it in mind - gearbox parts themselves would be free of charge.

Edit - but please ignore the motor. That's from my first car and I'd hate to part with that. ;)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Wanted: Original Grasshopper parts 12 years 5 days ago #9046

Thanks for the offer Edou, that was very generous!

Let me get back to you, as I'm still hoping to find some NIP parts, and haven't quite given up the search yet.

H.

Re: Wanted: Original Grasshopper parts 12 years 4 days ago #9076

I kinda expected the parts would be for a perfect shelfer. ;)
But that box isn't going anywhere for a while...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.