Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DT01 (madbull/Fighter Buggy) - A3 - batterie hatch 11 years 11 months ago #9546

1 would do. :)

shipment to germany

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: DT01 (madbull/Fighter Buggy) - A3 - batterie hatch 11 years 11 months ago #9616

Make one? Or is originality an issue?
I made the one for the missus' Mad Bull, it's just a flat plate that locates in the end of the holder, with a tab that passes through the slot at the back, secured with a body pin (Haven't got the car here so can't post a pic). If you make yourself a card template to start with, & trim it until you get a good fit, you can then use this to transfer the shape to a piece of suitable material for chopping out.
Material-wise, I think I used polypropylene or uPVC sheet (Can't remember), but pretty much anything will work if it's thin enough to fit through the slot - eg plasticard, CD cases, DVD cases, takeaway containers, lexan offcuts, aluminium, GRP etc

Re: DT01 (madbull/Fighter Buggy) - A3 - batterie hatch 11 years 11 months ago #9620

Just out of interest eddrick - are your trousers held up with baling twine? ;) :D
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok

Re: DT01 (madbull/Fighter Buggy) - A3 - batterie hatch 11 years 11 months ago #9639

Haha, not today....
I'm just used to making stuff cos I've never been able to afford to buy it!
Without looking, I'm guessing the A3 part comes on an expensive sprue of other bits you'll never need, & I'll bet it's rare cos battery clips always get lost.
Anyway, what's wrong with baler twine, twigs & leaves? Bit of spit to hold it all in place, lovely. Some of the most desireable of old houses have plaster of chicken-mooky & straw!

Re: DT01 (madbull/Fighter Buggy) - A3 - batterie hatch 11 years 11 months ago #9640

shush, i am just glueing some matches together, when that is dry i will get the sander and grind some shape into it, what you guys think, 2 or 3 layers of glassfiber to get some strenght?

ps just had a fight with the misses for stealing hairpins (these are great replacement for the tamiya pins and come in loads of lovely colors) :side:

Re: DT01 (madbull/Fighter Buggy) - A3 - batterie hatch 11 years 11 months ago #9648

I find the glass fibre makes the baler twine too stiff for holding trousers up....
I'd say 1 layer would be enough, I'd say it's only got to hold the matches together & that they'd probably be strong enough as they are. Forgive me if my memory is wrong, but I seem to remember the battery door isn't under a lot of stress, or rather it's seeing "Shear" force from the battery trying to slide through it, if you get me ie there's nearly no "Bending" force from the battery trying to ride over it because it can only slide left/right, not up/down. The battery door only really needs to be a removable fillet

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.