Keyword

TOPIC:

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 months ago #32084

Ok, it comes in a crate with a Mercedes badge on it, but 1,350 GBP seems a bit much for what's basically an M02 with a different body on it :blink:

www.ebay.co.uk/...1678451446

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 months ago #32100

For that price, I think they got a serial number (and very limited batch size) too. :whistle:

Last edit: by Edou.

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 months ago #32105

For that price, I think they got a serial number (and very limited batch size) too. :whistle:

722 isn't that limited IMO - by comparison the RC10 re-re was reputedly only 2,500 kits & it seem every man & his whippet was able to get one.

:)

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 months ago #32114

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 months ago #32117

Must be JR originals then. :cheer: :silly:

Don't get me wrong by the way, I only used a whistling emoticon before because the statement still doesn't justify the price.

Last edit: by Edou.

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 months ago #32130

Hi everyone. I have not posted here in a long time.
But I thought you might be amused by this. A seller in Australia is selling this.

www.ebay.com/it...1515941712

AU$2800 = :silly:

I wrote to the seller sambarwin3006
And trust me, I was polite.
Here is my message:

"Hi there,
Nice kit you have.
I don't mean this in any way to be an insult. I can appreciate that you may have paid a lot for it originally.
I just want to mention though that this kit typically sells for a lot less than your price. You may be upset that I've said that, but I can back up my words with one simple link - here's another one on Yahoo Japan for 68,000yen, or about AU$680
page5.auctions....e151608217
Its for bidding but has been listed there for weeks without a bid.
I may end up buying that one (I paid about the same for the last one I bought, also on Yahoo). They are a valuable kit. Just not *that* valuable.
So I just thought you should know. You might get a bit below AU$1000 for yours with the right buyer.
Of course, your price is your choice. And as I said, I mean no offense.
Cheers"

I received this reply:

"Go and buy the japanese one if you can…... None of these have gone under $1200 US in the last 4 years. Do your market research or just keep dreaming like the D. H. Lawrence* you are."

My subsequent reply:

"Well here is one that sold for US$695 in November

www.ebay.com/it...1600912181

And here is one that sold for US$510 in October

www.ebay.com/it...1467389541

And here is one available right now for about one-third the price of yours, and it's "make an offer" too.

www.ebay.com/it...1597813146

Good luck with your sale. I'll be sure to put in a good word for you with other collectors."

:P :laugh: :lol: :silly:

I love meeting nice collectors like this, don't you?
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Last edit: by larbut. Reason: changed widgets to links

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 months ago #32131

eBay link doodad is still broken :(

I looked at www.ebay.co.uk/...1515941712 & it seems you've hurt his feelings so much they can only be mended by raising the price to 4,869 AUD :laugh:

Seriously though, even if your motives were the purest ;) there was no way that was going end other than badly. Let us know how it escalates :y:

add. - edited your post for seller's language ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 months ago #32135

Yes, so I sent him those examples of 3 auctions: 2 NIB Turbo Scorpions that ended for US$510 and US$670 or so. And one which is for sale right now for US$800 with "make an offer".

He then wrote back again with a torrent of abusive language:

"Look at the state of those Frankenstein kits you pathetic **** ******.
They are list prices not sell prices **** ***.
I bought two scorpions from nakouji
Keep dreaming or maybe just go into hibernation you *****************!"

Then he doubled the price from $2800 to nearly $5000 as you say. Like I care?
The guy is clearly a mental patient with Tourette's Syndrome.

My motives for writing were basically: "Here is someone selling this kit in Australia, maybe they're not familiar with the usual rate? If it was the usual rate (or thereabouts) I might even buy it, since postage will be cheaper within Australia than if I buy one of the many others I can get overseas."

I've come across other sellers before who were more than happy to rethink their pricing, when you talk to them politely. I wasn't expecting an "even cheaper" price either. But this is what people are.

Beware: do not ever buy from sambarwin3006. Every message I got from him, I simply reported to eBay ;) They do not like their messaging system to be used for abuse.
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Last edit: by Hibernaculum.

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 months ago #32136

How much???!!!! 9 years 5 months ago #32141

& it seems you've hurt his feelings so much they can only be mended by raising the price to 4,869 AUD :laugh:

Maybe we should all email him and see if we can drive the asking price over 10k!

BTW this seller is clearly a D.H. Lawrence himself :whistle: By his reaction I wonder if Hibernaculum's message was not the first he has received questioning the price.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.