Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Miniature Tamiya Buggies 11 years 1 month ago #20122

These look very cool.

£60 inc shipping for 15 assorted models. I reckon they would sell for £10-£15 each. Anyone fancy going in on a box?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Miniature Tamiya Buggies 11 years 1 month ago #20134

Have a look in toy shops etc to see what they retail for, to see how this price compares.

Pretty cool, but I'd think it would only be the die-hard collectors that would buy them for sensible money, to go with their keyrings, T-shirts, Fridge magnets & hats.

If they were 1-3 quid in a garage I'd have one, a fiver would have me undecided

Miniature Tamiya Buggies 11 years 1 month ago #20135

...keyrings, T-shirts, Fridge magnets, hats...

... Tamiya-branded screwdrivers? ;)

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Miniature Tamiya Buggies 11 years 1 month ago #20147

Ha yeah!

Funny one this, I mean, there are diecast model collectors out there who pay daft money for diecast scale tractors, traction engines, larger scale (& highly detailed) construction plant, lorries, cars etc, but RC car enthusiasm is more about RC cars rather than model appreciation (If that makes sense?). I think people would be interested in these baby Tamiyas for the Tamiya name & the iconic nature of the particular model (eg Frog, Rough Rider) & only because an RC collector knows what the model is. I can't see a diecast model collector being interested, & I'd guess they'd be too expensive to be kids toys

Miniature Tamiya Buggies 11 years 4 weeks ago #20167

I was skeptical, but some just sold an "Avanta" :whistle: miniature for 27 GBP :blink:

Miniature Tamiya Buggies 11 years 4 weeks ago #20183

How much of that was someone thinking they were getting the real thing? - there's no info to suggest otherwise (& I wonder if that was intentional)

Miniature Tamiya Buggies 11 years 4 weeks ago #20203

When it comes to miniatures, the 1/32 mini 4WDs can be worth much, much more :)

www.ebay.com.au...641wt_1166

I saw one sell for over US$400 around Christmas (item no longer appears on ebay)
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Miniature Tamiya Buggies 11 years 4 weeks ago #20207

Yeah the 1/32 have funny market value, got the NIB 'vintage' MR, Jimny and Wheeler, I could make a fortune of those (if somebody would actually pay these silly price you find them for on Ebay sometimes)

:laugh:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.