Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Strange selling techique on ebay.. 12 years 5 months ago #4044

I am sure many of you come across seller CTY300 on ebay, mainly because he has a lot of vintage Tamiya stuff.
I tend to look at their auctions, manly because I am blocked from bidding there because of a dispute some years ago :laugh:
Let me be clear; I would never buy from these guys, even if I could. Their prices are way too high, and they are very aggressive if a dispute arise.

So to this case:
CTY300 has two listing for the same item. I have seen they do this many times, but is it allowed?

This is their auction listing:

And the same item, only as BIN listing:

The pictures are the same, and the description states "you get what is pictured". The "you get what you see" seem to be a repeat problem for CTY300 as customers claim about receiving something else than pictured in the listings.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Strange selling techique on ebay.. 12 years 5 months ago #4053

They never pop up on my radar much because I usually do a search on price. :pinch:

But what's the difference/characteristic of a BIN listing?

Seems like this seller only likes easy clients. If anything is wrong he'd rather ignore that.
I read in his feedback about offering insurance - isn't a seller liable for shipment anyway?
Dutch law and PayPal think so...

Re: Strange selling techique on ebay.. 12 years 5 months ago #4055

it costs more to advertise a BIN listing.
its a well known selling con trick. he may have 2 or more of the same item...BUT.....
people will see the price of the BIN listing and obviously see the auction listing is cheaper so they bid on that, hoping it will sell cheaper than the BIN.
when the auction listing closes, they remove the BIN listing from ebay.
if the item dont sell,they dont have to pay the selling fee.
hope this makes sense!!

PS. note the auction listing only has just over 6 days remaining, whereas the BIN has 24 days remaining

Last edit: by agemax.

Re: Strange selling techique on ebay.. 12 years 5 months ago #4058

Yes, it's probably a way to inflate the price... :angry:
Would be fun to arrange purchase of both at the same time, just to get to leave a neg :evil:

Edou:
BIN is Buy It Now, i.e fixed price.
Paypal "seller protection" is only valid if the seller ships registered (i.e. trackable online) If you do, the parcel is most likely insured as well, so if he sends unregistered he takes a chance (not likely...). If he sends registered, and sells extra insurance, he is probably inflating the postage cost also...

Note that all his listings are "Private". I can only think of one good reason to sell low value items like these as Private... : You can't check if feedback claims like "listing said this and that" is correct or not...

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Strange selling techique on ebay.. 12 years 5 months ago #4059

There is a good documentation of CTY300's way of doing business here: www.tamiyaclub....7&id=24856

-Lars

Re: Strange selling techique on ebay.. 12 years 5 months ago #4062

Okay, the "BIN" coin finally dropped in my brain... :whistle:
Don't like sellers that think they need these tricks. :sick:
Will definitely read up on that topic.
Didn't know PayPal protection stopped at regular mail btw... :huh:

Re: Strange selling techique on ebay.. 12 years 5 months ago #4063

someone pluck up the courage and ask him if he has 2 of these. call his bluff and say you want both of them, can he combine postage costs!:evil:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.