Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Crazy pricing of guide books! 12 years 3 months ago #5373

I'm surprised to hear you had a problem with that seller - I've had a fair few bits from them & never had a problem ... including a couple of manuals, and they were genuine ones came from broken up kits rather than being copies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Crazy pricing of guide books! 12 years 3 months ago #5374

ok maybe i am wrong about the manuals but they look identical to the manuals you can download on here

Re: Crazy pricing of guide books! 12 years 3 months ago #5375

They're all from later issues... but were they printed in greyscale originally? :huh:

Re: Crazy pricing of guide books! 12 years 3 months ago #5376

The vintage Hornet manual has basically the same layout & identical artwork, but had a blue background on the top "half".

The one Agemax linked to is a re-re manual (which is all greyscale) - you can tell it's a re-re manual (rather than an original copied in black & white) by the writing to either side of the stars at the bottom being assymetric, and the extra Japanese under the "Hornet" text 1/2 way down.

Of course, it could still be a copy of a re-re manual ... :S

Re: Crazy pricing of guide books! 12 years 3 months ago #5377

I'm not sure of the dates Tamiya switched from single colour manuals to two colour & back again - I don't own that many original manuals, but my RA1023 (58023) Holiday Buggy is single colour, 58070 Midnight Pumpkin is two colour, all the way through to 58231 Wild Dagger, 58242 Wild Willy 2 (1999?) on the other hand is single colour.... I'll try to narrow it down further :)

Re: Crazy pricing of guide books! 12 years 3 months ago #5380

Among the first 100 manuals, only the Holiday buggy and Sand Rover (the cheapest kits) came with black/white manuals.

All the reissues, from the Reissue Hornet and onwards came with black/white manuals. (I have not checked the latest reissues, though)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.