Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: do you Snipe? 11 years 2 months ago #18863

Yes, having a job that keeps me busy means im often not around to bid on items so I set them up on bidnapper.com, and check the following day if I won, recently my sniping has been for a roofrack for my car (£150 new, got it for £13 used and a Snowboard rack for the roofrack which was brand new in box, new cost £135, sniped for £26 plus shipping ;-)

Managed to find a NIB Sand Scorcher Kit (Original) around 7 years back and got it for £35 plus shipping, I was buying lots of old stock from the guy (Tamiya Wholesaler) and spent $16,000USD with him, same guy sold me a NIB Fox and a NIB Falcon too, I paid original retail price for them, Basically what the sticker price said on the box, got all 3 for £185 ;)

Sand Scorcher was sold to a German collector around 3 weeks after I received it (I owned one for 3 weeks!) and the Falcon and Fox got traded for a Top Force Evo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Part Time Seller.

do you Snipe? 11 years 2 months ago #18865

I like to protect my passwords and so I will wait up all night if I have to just to manually snipe.

This was a consideration of mine as well, so I decided to read up on the subject - and trust Gixen's system.
Using a unique password on every single account I create, should help in that respect too.

I know of at least one example where my automatic bidding helped the seller get a great price (from someone else).
This can only be the case of course if someone's eager enough about the object to put in a high(er) bid...

Last edit: by Edou.

do you Snipe? 11 years 1 month ago #19077

Managed to find a NIB Sand Scorcher Kit (Original) around 7 years back and got it for £35 plus shipping, I was buying lots of old stock from the guy (Tamiya Wholesaler) and spent $16,000USD with him, same guy sold me a NIB Fox and a NIB Falcon too, I paid original retail price for them, Basically what the sticker price said on the box, got all 3 for £185 ;)

That was an amazing find! And right in the middle of the peak period, when collector prices were at their highest. You would have made about 30x the cost, in selling the Scorcher :D

www.rctoymemories.com
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

do you Snipe? 10 years 11 months ago #21059

Classic piece of ebay sniping :laugh: 30sec to go $90 2 bidders warring final price AUD$127.50 :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

do you Snipe? 10 years 11 months ago #21061

Classic piece of ebay sniping :laugh: 30sec to go $90 2 bidders warring final price AUD$127.50 :)

Who snipes last wins :y:

It's not a truly great bit of sniping though - the penultimate snipe was with 13 seconds to go, and the winning snipe was by a whole bid increment higher (pages.ebay.com....ments.html) - that's barely trying! :silly:

Look at this one: I beat two 6-second snipes and a simultaneous 5-second snipe - by less than half a bid increment (pages.ebay.co.u...ments.html) - now that's sniping :D ;)

do you Snipe? 10 years 11 months ago #21066

Who snipes last wins :y:

No, who has the highest bid when the auction close always wins.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

do you Snipe? 10 years 11 months ago #21074

in some ways it would be good to have the option to extend an auction for say a couple of minutes when a new bid is placed, much like a real auction. That would give anyone who is being outbid a chance to increase their bid and not loss because of time. A good option for a seller, not so good for buyers though,

regards

Johann

do you Snipe? 10 years 10 months ago #22218

I do sniping with the smartphone. The ebay app is great. It reminds you some minutes before and you can bid wherever you are. The ta05 was sniped when i was on the "Autobahn" with about 170kmh driving home :whistle:

This looks interesting 9 years 1 week ago #34142

Hoping someone can explain this to me. Vehicle advertised on ebay. $XXX bid / $XXX +$120 buy it now. I bid the $XXX and a maximum of $XXX +$5. I do all this eight days before the auction ends. Someone comes along in the last three minutes, makes a bid of $XXX + $5 and wins the auction. Up until then I was the only bidder.

Cheers Vincenzo

This looks interesting 9 years 1 week ago #34143

Hoping someone can explain this to me. Vehicle advertised on ebay. $XXX bid / $XXX +$120 buy it now. I bid the $XXX and a maximum of $XXX +$5. I do all this eight days before the auction ends. Someone comes along in the last three minutes, makes a bid of $XXX + $5 and wins the auction. Up until then I was the only bidder.

Cheers Vincenzo

I have moved your question here as this topic should answer all. Andy.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.