Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Evil Knievel SRB conversion on eBay 11 years 11 months ago #9552

Someone has converted an Evil Knievel "Scramble Van" toy to RC by fitting an SRB chassis - up for sale at 140 GBP Buy It Now + 12 GBP UK postage, the buyer also says he will post worldwide.

Made me smile anyway :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Evil Knievel SRB conversion on eBay 11 years 11 months ago #9606

Pretty cool, but I think the van would be more desireable to me with its original chassis.
In my mind, SRB chassis shouldn't be used with anything other than VW based off roaders (The main reason I don't like the XLT).
In fact, in my opinion, this seller should be spanked for wrecking a rare toy to "complete" a common as muck SRB, especially seeing as he could've got the same effect using an Action Man truck body or a Kamtec shell would've been better if he's a skinflint.... NO! BAD! (& I bet he posts it in the original XLT box wrapped in duct tape!)

Re: Evil Knievel SRB conversion on eBay 11 years 11 months ago #9608

(& I bet he posts it in the original XLT box wrapped in duct tape!)

been there seen that :cry: :unsure: :dry:

Re: Evil Knievel SRB conversion on eBay 11 years 11 months ago #9609

(& I bet he posts it in the original XLT box wrapped in duct tape!)

been there seen that :dry:

Re: Evil Knievel SRB conversion on eBay 11 years 11 months ago #9612

I know, & I sympathise.... I would've been tempted to pay him a visit & "educate" him with a blunt object, eg a TV or my car. Introduction (In a confined space) of a tiger or a bear might also work well for me too. Perhaps bat it on the head repeatedly with a red ballon on a stick first, for increased enthusiasm of said animal. I hear honey badgers can be quite sharp & lively too, maybe add one of those as well for good measure.....

Re: Evil Knievel SRB conversion on eBay 11 years 11 months ago #9625

LOL, I just thought of it as an amusing, ill concieved & half finished bit of model engineering :silly:

Re: Evil Knievel SRB conversion on eBay 11 years 11 months ago #9634

To you or I yes I'd agree, but it could be the bloke's pride & joy, the pinnacle of his modelling expertise (Kinda reflected in the asking price). For me the irritation comes from something relatively rare being used to fix something common, a bit like using the Mona Lisa to board up a broken window (Slight exaggeration, but you get the idea)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.