Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition front wheel axles 11 years 5 months ago #15554

Hi,

please need an information about the Chrome Edition of the Blitzer Beetle.

Need some pict of the front axle, or some manual image.

Many thanks

Max

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition front wheel axles 11 years 5 months ago #15558

Chassis's the same as the 58122, right?

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition front wheel axles 11 years 5 months ago #15561

Yes, chassis is the same but not the wheels.
Chrome Edition wheels are Dyna Blaster ones and they are different.
Offset is totally different so the car is more narrow. And the front wheel axle is shorter, like buggy one and not like monster one.
I also suppose that steering upright will touch the inner of the rim on Chrome Edition if used the original one.

Would like to have a Blitzer Beetle with Chrome Edition wheels to use it on tarmac.

So, no one that own a Blitzer Chrome?

Cheers

Max

Re: Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition front wheel axles 11 years 5 months ago #15562

I see the problem. But those wheels are great indeed.

Re: Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition front wheel axles 11 years 5 months ago #15583

If it were me, I'd be looking at other cars that use the Dyna Blaster wheels, & presumably the same uprights as the ones you need. They were fitted on the re-re Sand Rover Street(?) (Darth Rover), so look at what uprights are on that, for example.

If you can give us some measurements, I'll have a look at Grasshopper/Holiday Buggy ones to see if they could be used (Forgive me if I'm being dim, but I've never seen a normal Blitzer Beetle up close, let alone a chrome version!).
Measurements I would need - axial distance over outside of wheel bearings, inside diameter of wheel bearings, height of slot where the upright fits, diameter of kingpin

Re: Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition front wheel axles 11 years 5 months ago #15607

Thanks Eddrick!

Anyway mistery solved. Chrome Edition uses same uprights than normal edition but shorter.
The car is more narrow than original one.
See the pictures.

Cheers

Max

Attachments:

Last edit: by Kontemax.

Re: Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition front wheel axles 11 years 5 months ago #15609

Awesome picture, that last one. Makes me want to build an on road Bear Hawk. :woohoo:

Re: Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition front wheel axles 11 years 5 months ago #15643

Distracted by the wheels again Edou? I agree, they're fantastic!

As for the shorter uprights, could you use normal long ones & fit spacers/washers? (If you're having trouble sourcing the proper ones).
They look similar to Blackfoot & possibly Mad Bull (Haven't got it here to look)

Re: Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition front wheel axles 11 years 5 months ago #15647

for Edou :evil:

Tamiya stole this idea ;)

Possible yes :y:

Not quite right chassis/body wise :unsure:

but they sure look cool

Re: Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition front wheel axles 11 years 5 months ago #15653

Yep, these have been on my mind for a really long time - ever since I was considering putting 'em on my Grasshopper.
But I'd really like three pairs. Double rears for 4WD and a free rolling set for 2WD.
I can be very patient, but sooner or later...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.