Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #16983

If Frog Tape is available in your area I don't recommend trying it if you plan on using it with Tamiya PS paint or Pactra RC paint. Both paints will bleed under the tape and it leaves a nasty residue on lexan. It may work well with other paints and surfaces but I'm not gonna give it the chance to screw up more of my projects.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17001

Doesn't sound good. Maybe elaborate with a picture...

Re: Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17003

That's disappointing - I was planning to give it a go at some point :(

The only tape I've found that actually seems to work (varieties of 3M included) is Tamiya tape.

Re: Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17009

Isnt in the frogtape a solution that reacts with the paint to close the tapes edges?
guess the Tamiya paint has the wrong ingredients.

Re: Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17010

HI!... i
I have been having issues with the Tamiya tape leaving a residue behind after peeling it off. Not bad if it's on a clear window, but if your doing a multi stage paint scheme then it totally ruins your day. :cry:

Re: Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17016

I'm wondering in what respect the Frog tape was used here...
Only know it for restoration and reinforcement.

It won't hold any paint on the outside whatsoever.
Barely even a permanent marker.
Which can be a bit annoying...

Re: Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17017

HI!... i
I have been having issues with the Tamiya tape leaving a residue behind after peeling it off. Not bad if it's on a clear window, but if your doing a multi stage paint scheme then it totally ruins your day. :cry:

had the same problem, did not let the paint dry long enough inbetween paint jobs. even when it looks/feel dry enough the tape can leave marks or still sticks on the paint. :unsure:

Re: Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17021

HI!... My issue is the actual glue on the tape stays behind on the plastic. This causes the next colour not to stick where you had the tape. It's almost impossible to get this tape glue residue off. I have tried leaving the tape on as minimal as possible and I have left it on for days. Still same issue. I'm finding that just regular masking tape works the best for me.

Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17022

Doesn't sound good. Maybe elaborate with a picture...

I had the edges of the tape burnished down really well and when the paint hit it it sucked right under it. It's just a rere and a runner but I still cursed like a sailor. Ordered a new set of decals so when they show up I'll strip the body and start again.
Attachments:

Re: Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17025

I've got to ask - how on earth did you let it get that bad? Did you really paint the white over the seepage? :blink:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.