Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17027

I've got to ask - how on earth did you let it get that bad? Did you really paint the white over the seepage? :blink:

I was actually able to clean most of the seepage off. What was left was mixed with adhesive residue and "burned" into the lexan. I'm not sure dot 4 will even bring it off. As of 10 minuets ago I have 2 bodys, 1 rere decal set and some water-slide decal paper on the way. Gonna do original decals from the inside, if I can get a buddy to print them on her Alps printer. Being able to print white is wonderful.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17028

I've got to ask - how on earth did you let it get that bad? Did you really paint the white over the seepage? :blink:

I was actually able to clean most of the seepage off. What was left was mixed with adhesive residue and "burned" into the lexan. I'm not sure dot 4 will even bring it off. As of 10 minuets ago I have 2 bodys, 1 rere decal set and some water-slide decal paper on the way. Gonna do original decals from the inside, if I can get a buddy to print them on her Alps printer. Being able to print white is wonderful.

I just wondered if you couldn't have (apart from on the windows) scraped/sanded it off - any scratches would have filled with white paint & not showed up on the outside.

:)

Re: Frog Tape 11 years 4 months ago #17029

You can save the job.
Use some cutter with curved blade and scrape off the paint where needed, Scrape of all, white and black and don't mind if you scratch the lexan inside. Try to avoid scratches but if you can't don't mind. Than mask inside again and paint it again the part, black before and white after.
You should don't see the gap between the old white layer and the new white layer and scratches should disappear. If they are very deep you should see them but just at closer look. Nothing lost in my opinion.

Max

Doesn't sound good. Maybe elaborate with a picture...

I had the edges of the tape burnished down really well and when the paint hit it it sucked right under it. It's just a rere and a runner but I still cursed like a sailor. Ordered a new set of decals so when they show up I'll strip the body and start again.

Last edit: by Kontemax.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.