Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24028

hi guys

stumbled along this charger while surfing the net.......can u kind fellows tell me wot you think?

www.bmmracing.c...-1803.html

it looks good to me just wondered wot your opinions are :)

jtf

Please Log in to join the conversation.

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24043

IMO not having the ability to balance charge Lipo batteries is a serious omission, and the high charge/discharge rates are not that useful, it's also expensive.

I've got on very well with my IMAX B6 charger - 19.39 GBP at Hobbyking (UK warehouse)( link ) or 28.39 GBP for the mains powered version ( link ).

:)

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24044

Specs look great but there's a lot around these days for less money...
I am also not sure that it comes with a power supply (since it needs 12V).

Edit - simultaneous post with Jonny...

Last edit: by Edou.

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24058

i would be mainly using it for nicad and nimh jonny,i havnt got the lipo bug yet buddy :blink:

im sure i will at some point tho.just be a matter of time,and money :)

it would discharge batteries quicker ? 20Amps may be a little overkill though :laugh:

i found the same charger on ebay for £45 edou.

would you be able to run this off a battery charger,which i used to do with my tamiya 15 minuite quick charger? :woohoo: :whistle:

jtf

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24062

I never discharge with more than half the capacity myself... :whistle:

would you be able to run this off a battery charger,which i used to do with my tamiya 15 minuite quick charger?

What charger is that exactly? I think it's needs a proper power supply...
My own LRP Pulsar 3 didn't have one either (or a Lipo balancer for that matter).

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24066

can i just ask edou,just to get it straight,if u had a 5000mah battery,is that equivalent to 5 amps.....2500 mah battery is 2.5 amps.is this right?

sorry for the newbie questions,im sure there will be more that come this way,lol

cheers
jon

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24067

www.ebay.co.uk/...2a30264934

sorry it was an acoms with the cigarrete lighter attatchment cut off and two crocodile clips put on :pinch:

i was young and nieve,i wouldnt do it again or if i knew it was safe i would make it safer. :silly:

jtf

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24077

can i just ask edou,just to get it straight,if u had a 5000mah battery,is that equivalent to 5 amps.....2500 mah battery is 2.5 amps.is this right?

Not exactly - 5000mAh is the same as 5Ah.
Catching your drift more, I would say yes. ;)
This is the capacity, which basically means you can draw a 5A current from the battery for an hour...

Generally the maximum I charge packs with is the capacity of the battery.
So if it is a 5Ah battery I don't go further than 5A (for an hour).
Meaning I don't really need a charger that can deliver 20A.
Discharge I usually do at half the capacity, in this case 2.5A (should take about two hours if full).
Hope that answers your question.

Don't think the charger would be a good alternative for power supply. :whistle:
But a matching power transformer (220 to 12V) shouldn't break the bank...

charger help 10 years 8 months ago #24110

that answered my question perfecly,thanks edou. :y:

i didnt mean use the charger as a power supply,i meant i connected the old acoms charger to a 12 volt car battery charger :blush:

if i brought this i would buy a good power transformer,can you,or anybody else recommend a good one,with a steady 12 volt supply? :)

jtf :y:

charger help 10 years 8 months ago #24113

Perso, I anytime heard that low charge is better than fast charge for batteries. But I am not enough patient. I learned that you can charge with higher current. For my 1700 nicad, I charge to 3 or 3.5A. I have a wizzard T2M charger with current trimming. For my 6800mah NIMH, I charged Under 8A but it died after 3 charges. Now I am runing with very old nicd and nimh aqs them a friend gave me and I have 20 min during run with my 1700mah nicd with my 12T brushless combo on my dirt. (only when I have the 4 wheeles :laugh: ).
For fast charges I advice you 1.5 to 2X the intensity of your pack maxi.

The better is a delta peak charger. It is easier (for me)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds